Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OCJuly 2019
We used the following test system for comparison between the different graphics cards. Latest drivers that were available at the time of testing were used from AMD and NVIDIA on an updated version of Windows 10. All games that were tested were patched to the latest version for better performance optimization for NVIDIA and AMD GPUs.
GPU Test Bench 2019
|CPU||Intel Core i9-9900K @ 4.70 GHz
|Motherboard||AORUS Z390 Master|
|Video Cards||Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Lightning Z
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC
Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2080 TI Vulcan X OC
ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 TI OC
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition
ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2080 OC
AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Xtreme
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 DUKE OC
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning X
ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 OC
MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming Z
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming X
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Ventus XS
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Gaming X
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ventus XS
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Armor X OC
MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning OC
Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 64 (Reference Air)
XFX Radeon R9 Fury X Liquid Cooled
ASUS ROG STRIX RX 580 OC
|Memory||G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Series 32GB (4 X 8GB) CL16 3600 MHz|
|Storage||Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 (512 GB)|
|Power Supply||ASUS ROG THOR 1200W PSU|
|OS||Windows 10 64-bit|
- All games were tested on 2560×1440 (2K) and 3840×2160 (4K) resolutions.
- Image Quality and graphics configurations have been provided in the screenshots below.
- The “reference” cards are the stock configs while the “overclock” cards are factory overclocked configs provided to us by various AIB partners.
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING OC Overclocking
Since the card is clocked at overclocked specifications, we are kind of left with limited headroom to overclock. I pushed the core to +145 MHz beyond its overclock profile and +1075 MHz on the video memory.
I had the power and temp target slider maxed out in EVGA Precision X1 so that meant that the GPU was under no restrictions or blocks when it came to overclocking. The clocks were stable after testing for an hour under stress load.
Gigabyte has one of the more solid custom graphics card offerings with a sleek triple-fan cooler, fully custom PCB design and more performance than their existing RTX 2080 Gaming OC for a lower price point. For $739.99 US, the RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC delivers Supercharged performance and a recommendation from us.
- Utilizes Fastest GDDR6 Memory In Production
- Decent performance uplift from the same price
- Great performance at 1440p and 4K resolution
- Great upgrade from GTX 1080 and GTX 1070
- Factory Overclocked Out of Box
- Windforce heatsink cooling performance is great
- Refreshing new Gigabyte Gaming design
- Active FanTechnology Included on Triple Fan with Alternate Spinning mode
- Great overclocking potential (GPU/VRAM), full tuning options
- Backplate includes heat pads for increased heat dissipation
- Gigabyte RGB Fusion Technology Support WIth LEDs on the side
- Support for real-time ray tracing and DLSS features in next-generation gaming titles
- Good driver support for GeForce products, compatibility with DX11, DX12, Vulkan, OpenGL titles
- Lot's of display connectivity, great for VR and multi-display PCs.
- High Price ($739.99 US)
- High Power Consumption when overclocked
- No Memory overclock out of the box