How To Request Desktop Site On iOS 9 Safari
Here's how you can request the desktop site on iOS 9 Safari running on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
As we move into the future, more and more websites on the Web are being readied to be viewed on mobile. In fact, a vast majority of the publications and news outlets have already made the switch. But while having a mobile website is all good and well, some people love taking the desktop route of viewing certain pages in all their glory as they would on a computer. Luckily, iOS has had a feature for requesting desktop sites for a long time, but with iOS 9, Apple saw it fit to give the feature a new home, again. If you're a user looking on how to request a desktop site on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, then simply follow the guide which we have outlined below.
Request Desktop Site On iOS 9 Safari
1. First and foremost, open up the Safari Web browser on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
2. Load up any website which has a mobile version of the page as well. Tap on the URL bar on top, enter the address, and then tap on the 'Go' button on the keyboard.
3. Once the page is done loading, tap on the 'Share' button at the bottom. It's the icon with an arrow pointing upwards from inside a box.
4. On the Share Sheet you'll see a bunch of options. Scroll towards the right at the bottom most row until you reach an option labelled 'Request Desktop Site.' Tap on it.
5. In a few seconds, the desktop version of the website will load up. Nice and easy.
In the modern Web, majority of the pages are optimized in such a way that they fit almost all screen sizes without any hassle. And while there are moments where you'd want to visit the desktop version of a site rather than the mobile one, but keep in mind that the desktop variant of the site uses up a lot of data and resources, and users should be vary of this fact before they tap on that 'Request Desktop Site' button in Safari.
There are a lot of other cool features in Safari which we will uncover in the days to come. Till then, be sure to let us know what you think about the above detailed one.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter