New Razer Blade Comes With Better Graphics and the Same Sleek Form Factor
The Razer Blade refresh might be the same as its predecessor in terms of dimensions and size, but the internals speak volumes of its gaming prowess and you’ll find out about that shortly.
Razer Blade Comes With an i7 Processor and a Slew of Other Features – The Price Tag Is Also Decent Given That It Is a Razer Product
Though the gaming laptop only features a screen size of 14 inches, the QHD+ resolution, which measures in at 3200 x 1800 will definitely look crisp, but we’ll obviously be concerned with the level of performance you’ll be able to rake out at the aforementioned resolution right. Don’t get me wrong, I tend to decrease the resolution of the game if it means upping the average frames I get, but the video quality looks absolutely horrendous.
Fortunately for you, there’s a GeForce GTX 1060 present, with 6GB of VRAM present underneath its hood, so you’ll be able to rake out respectable frames as far as the latest video game titles are concerned. There’s also an Intel Skylake i7-6700HQ present, and before you ask, the Razer Blade will able to play VR related content.
Co-founder and CEO of Razer, Min-Liang Tan has said this about the latest gaming notebook refresh:
“There has never been a better balance of performance and portability in a PC. Five years ago, the idea of managing this level of heat in a small chassis was thought to be impossible, but we did just that with the original Razer Blade. Since then, we've continued to listen to our community and improve upon that design and thermal management. In many ways, this is the perfect laptop that was designed for gamers by gamers.”
The price of Razer Blade starts at $1,799 and forgive me if I say this, but that price is actually quite decent for a Razer product. Razer peripherals are one of the most expensive that you’ll find on this planet, but the starting price of $1,799 actually appears less intimidating.
Key features of the Razer Blade:
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core Processor (2.6GHz / 3.5GHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB GDDR5 VRAM)
- 16 GB System Memory (DDR4, 2133 MHz)
- Windows 10 64-bit
- 256GB / 512GB / 1 TB SSD (PCIe M.2) options
- 0-inch IGZO QHD+ resolution, with resolution of 3200 x 1800, capacitive multi-touch / 14.0-in. IPS Full HD Matte, 1920 x 1080 option is also available
- Anti-ghosting keyboard with per-key lighting powered by Razer Chroma
- Killer Wireless-AC 1535 (802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth 4.1)
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C)
- USB 3.0 port x 3 (5Gbps)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- 5mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Array microphone
- Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Kensington security slot
- Compact 165W power adapter
- Built-in 70Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery