Rainbow Six Siege drops another patch today. This update isn’t as meaty as the big Operation Grim Sky patch released a couple weeks ago, but it does make some significant tweaks to how the game handles team killing. In the past, killing a team member just got you booted from the match, but now it will result in a 30-minute ban, with escalating consequences if you keep doing it. In addition to the team killing changes, Ubisoft is rolling out a variety of other fixes, including tweaks for new Grim Sky operators Maverick and Clash.
You can check out the full Y3S3.1 patch notes, below:
Team Kill Bans
The team killing penalty for a first offense will be adjusted from a kick to a 30 minute ban. Initially, if a player was team killed in Casual, the offender was kicked from the match. The same situation in Ranked would result in a kick as well, but also triggered an abandon penalty. This was confusing because it seemed as if the team killing punishment was different between Ranked vs Casual.
The new breakdown is as follows:
- First offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 30 minutes
- Second offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 1 hour
- Third offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 2 hours.
- Fourth offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 24 hours.
- Fifth offense: Banned from Matchmaking for 7 days.
- Fixed – [PC][PS4][XB1] A number of crashing issues across all platforms.
- Fixed – [PC][XB1] Cannot use melee for a short while after using prone.
- Fixed – Players are able to take the defuser through the walls.
- Fixed – Throwing C4 on an electrified wall will not destroy the nitro cell on contact.
- Fixed - The bullet casings are ejected forwards when firing the AR-15.50 weapon.
- Fixed - Clash's Shield can be deployed while crouched.
- Fixed - Clash's CCE shield can clip in the arm and clip in the pistol.
- Fixed - Clash is able to fire her gun before weapon appears on screen.
- Fixed - In the loadout menu charms are not equipped in the same place as during a session for Clash's CCE Shield.
- Fixed - When a player is killed by the CCE shield, the generic death icon is displayed instead of the taser shield
- Fixed - [PC][XB1] Clash's CCE shield is clips through partially broken barricades when rotating.
- Fixed - If the attackers drop the defuser, Smoke can move it by throwing his gadget on it.
- Fixed - Players are able to throw gadgets outside during the prep phase via the floor of 2F Bathroom.
- Fixed - Inconsistency between thumbnail icon and preview for Buck's Grim Sky BDU.
- Fixed - Non-purchased items have the 'set as active' option.
- Fixed - Error message present in the pop-up modal when 2SV is active.
- Fixed - Pressing enter multiple times while the title is loading will cause the title to start a situation with the 2SV pop-up still on the screen.
- Fixed - All the Six Major Paris Charms appear with a placeholder model.
Rainbow Six Siege is available on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. This latest patch hits PC today, and consoles tomorrow.