Upcoming PUBG Xbox One Patch 14 to Add Advanced Graphics Options Alongside Menu Changes and Expanded FoV for Scopes – Rumor
Bluehole is currently testing out a new PUBG build on the Xbox game servers, and it looks like PUBG Xbox One patch 14 might add advanced graphic options alongside various other menu changes.
Testing kicked off yesterday for three days and depending on how the test goes, it might be extended further. Both Erangel and the Miramar map are part of the test according to the game’s development team. We’ve included the changes included with the new build on the test servers below:
Settings menu changes:
- Game settings are now grouped up by category.
- Colorblind settings have been added
- Crosshair settings have been added
- Added a new slider interface
- Added an option to adjust strength of game controller vibration.
- Added an option to set deadzone for the left analog stick.
- Aim acceleration can now be completely disabled if set to 0.
- Those of you who previously set it to “0” may want to set it to “1” to preserve the feel from previous patches.
- The game controller function guide has been updated.
Scopes have been changed to be more realistic:
- Expanded all scopes’ field of view
- Added a parallax effect when moving weapons quickly
- Added vignetting (darker edges), chromatic aberration (color difference caused by light refraction), and a distortion effect on the edge of scopes
Out-of-game menus and UX improvements:
- The “cancel matchmaking” UI has been improved. You can now cancel matchmaking by holding the X button on any screen except the SETTINGS menu
- We improved the UI that indicates that matchmaking is in progress. Progress time is now displayed. When a match is found, a countdown will appear
- Transition speed between menus has been increased
- Two new menu items have been added: CUSTOMIZATION and STORE.
- To get a box, go to STORE > CRATES
- To open the box you’ve received, go to MY ITEMS in STORE
- On test servers, the number of boxes that can be purchased per week has been increased significantly (up to 100)
- After launching the game, a single, simplified loading screen pops up before the lobby appears (instead of many different screens)
A few more miscellaneous changes:
- Emotes have been added. Emote UI will show up if you press the LB+RB buttons at the same time. Choose an emote with the right analog stick and press down with the R stick to use the selected emote.
- We added some contextual on-screen popups that explain button functions.
- Added new grenade hit effects and animations
- We’ve removed the grenade’s knockback effect for player characters when dealing non-lethal damage (if players are killed by a grenade, they’ll still be knocked back)
- There was a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in a leaning position (caused by going prone while leaning). This is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue causing punching to slow down movement while sprinting
- Player can no longer see through walls by going prone near houses with stone steps in Miramar
- In spectator mode, water sounds sometimes inappropriately continued after changing perspective. This has now been fixed
- When preparing to throw grenades, the projection visualization no longer inappropriately penetrates through objects
Aside from the above, it also seems that advanced graphical options are being added to PUBG on Xbox One, although it’s unsure whether these will actually be implemented in the game through PUBG Xbox One patch 14.
We’ll keep you updated as soon as Bluehole and Microsoft will deploy a new update on the live servers.