PUBG Update 30 Adds Ledge Grab Mechanic, Ping System, Weapons, Vehicles, and More
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' latest patch, the 30th since the game left Early Access, hits test servers today. As you’d expect of a big round-number update, this one adds quite a bit of stuff, including a long-awaited ledge-grab mechanic, a new communication system that cleary takes inspiration from Apex Legends’ ping system, and, of course, the usual assortment of new weapons and vehicles.
Check out the full notes for PUBG Update 30 below:
- Ledge grab allows you to take new paths by climbing up the edge of roofs, fences, and obstacles up to 2.5 meters high, and jump from building to building or container to container.
- Now that players can move to places they weren’t able to reach before, we look forward to seeing gameplay with new strategies climbing to places your opponent won’t be able to anticipate.
How to use
- You can activate ledge grab by either jumping or vaulting (space bar) and then continue to press the space bar or by pressing the space bar at the right timing in midair, heading towards the target location.
- You can cancel the ledge grab while it is activated and fall to the ground by following the same method of cancelling the vaulting/climbing.
A message from the PUBG Dev. team on ledge grab
This is the first iteration of ledge grab, you cannot yet hang on the railings or slide down railings. However, ledge grab will be updated twice in total including this update, the dev team will keep working to enable those features just mentioned from the other update in the future. We anticipate a similar adoption period for ledge grab as we had with the initial introduction of vaulting. We will work to isolate any improvements or modifications that need to be made during the early stages of the feature’s launch.
Please try out the new ledge grab and kindly give us your feedback so that we can further improve and polish the feature, which is the utmost priority to the Dev. team. We will continue to make our best efforts to quickly ensure the feature is as stable and useful as possible. We very much appreciate your interest and feedback.
Improved Gas Can
- Added strategic elements to the Gas Can, an item that used to be seen to have few advantages to loot.
- As soon as Gas Can explodes, it will deal damage to all players in a radius around its location.
- When the Gas Can explodes, it deals damage in a radius around it, dealing more damage to those close by
- Keep in mind that you can hurt both yourself and your teammates if you stand to close to the explosion, so be careful!
How to use
- Drop a Gas Can on the ground and damage it with bullets or throwables, which will cause it to explode and deal damage to those close by.
- Each Gas Can will now display individually in the inventory when players have more than one Gas Can to reduce confusion, as dropping multiple Gas Cans will not multiply the damage.
Playing with PUBG players from different regions in random Duo or Squad matches or players with no access to voice chat have made it difficult to establish team-based strategy through close communication between team members. To help solve this problem, we are introducing text-based Radio Messages that will help you communicate with your team more quickly and easily for successful strategic gameplay.
Hold the mouse wheel or F3 to open the Radio Message Wheel UI.
- There are 8 types of messages provided–selected messages will be displayed on the left screen and immediately shown to your teammates.
- Ping and Enemy Spotted, in particular, can be used in various circumstances. You can use them more quickly with separate key bindings.
- Ping: Click the mouse wheel or press F3
- Enemy Spotted: Double click the mouse wheel or double press F3
Pings has various interactions.
- Select Ping near a certain item, and you can share the name and location of the pinged item with your teammates.
- You can also use Ping on Care Packages or death crates to share their location.
- Ping the direction you want to move toward to share the direction with your teammates.
- All these features above automatically place a marker on the map and will be useful to utilize together with the Tactical Map Marker.
- Enemy Spotted allows you to quickly share the location of an enemy you’ve spotted.
- Use Enemy Spotted at the enemy’s location to mark it on the map and share it with your teammates.
Messages vary by distance:
- Near Range: less than 50M
- Medium Range: less than 200M
- Long Range: 200M or more
- Example: ENEMY SPOTTED! Long Range 300
- Ping and Enemy Spotted send messages to teammates within 500M.
Need Ammo works dynamically, with the message reflecting the ammo type of the weapon you are holding.
- Example: If you select Need Ammo while holding an M416, the message sent to your teammates will be “I NEED 5.56mm.”
- You can mute Radio Messages from teammates individually in the Team Management menu.
- Kill distance has been added to center-screen kill messages.
- The distance between you and the enemy you killed will be displayed alongside the standard kill message in the middle of the screen.
- Kill distance will only be shown you kill enemies from over 100 m away.
- This will appear only when you kill the enemy by yourself.
- DBNO kill messages remain the same and won’t show kill distance.
Survival Supply System
We’ve got new BP items for both looking good and keeping you statistically in the know on specific weapons, so to help you earn even more BP to pick them up we have added a limited time “Survival Supply System” before the next Survivor Pass. The system will provide daily and weekly missions to accomplish and provide BP as a reward. Don’t forget to scope out the new items you can buy with the BP you earned in the store!
The Survival Supply System will run from after June 26th, 2019 up until live server maintenance on July 24th, 2019.
- The system is free.
- Unlike the previous Supply System, there is no level and rewards once daily/weekly missions are accomplished.
- You can check your missions by clicking the banner on the left of the lobby, just like the Survivor Pass.
- When your missions are complete, you earn from 200 BP to 1,500 BP.
- Daily Missions will be updated daily at 02:00 UTC, and weekly missions at the same time every Wednesday.
- You can check the real time mission progress in in-game.
- Daily Missions: You can complete up to 3 missions everyday.
- Missions can be swapped out 3 times per day for free.
- Weekly Missions: You can complete 3 missions each week.
- You can swapped out 3 times per week for free.
- Expired missions disappear.
- You can claim your reward by clicking the Survival Supply System banner then clicking the claim button from the mission tab.
- The Survival Supply System will end with the start of the live server maintenance on July 23rd, 2019 (PDT).
- Make sure you claim all rewards prior to this date, as any unclaimed rewards will disappear.
New Weapon: Deagle
- The Deagle is a handgun that deals the strongest pistol damage with great muzzle velocity and will be spawned on all maps.
- Deagle can deal 62 damage per shot and take both red-dot and holographic sights, various magazines and a laser pointer that improves hip fire accuracy.
- With greater than average pistol damage and muzzle velocity comes harder to control recoil.
- Deagle has a single firemode type that uses .45 ACP ammo and the standard magazine fits 7 rounds. (It can be extended to 10 with an extended magazine)
New Vehicle: BRDM-2
- BRDM-2 can only be called in as a special Care Package using the Flare Gun on all maps and it replaces the armored UAZ.
- Over waterways or terrain, this amphibious vehicle increases your options to navigate firefights and the Battlegrounds themselves.
- BRDM-2’s total HP is 2500 and its health is twice as much as UAZ, while its gigantic, sturdy wheels cannot be damaged.
- Powerful bulletproof vehicle that can reduce incoming damage such as ammunition based assaults as well as grenades and red zone damage.
- BRDM-2 is an amphibious vehicle that can continue to ground travel on water, but players can’t shoot while on board.
- It has a capacity of up to four players on board, and Its top water speed is 22km/h and top speed on the road is 102km/h when boosted.
Skins & Items
Introducing new skins you can find once this patch hits the live server! This includes new skins which can you purchase directly with BP. Play PUBG, earn BP, get skins!
- Added 4 GLL Grand Slam: PUBG Classic items.
- Added 10 Summer Season items
- Added 10 Twitch Broadcaster Royale items
- Added 2 BattleStat Skins items
- Added items for purchase directly with BP.
- 2 BattleStat Skins
- 6 shoes
- You can now zoom in and out when viewing your weapons in the Mastery tab to give you a better look at your hard earned charms attached to your favorite weapon.
- Emblem animations
- For every 10 level ups, a new tier emblem animation will be displayed to show your tier progression.
New weapon – Deagle added to the Mastery tab
- Earn XP and unlock charms for our newest weapon, the Deagle.
Improved the Last Match popup UI
- The weapon icon displayed in the Last Match popup now varies for each player. The icons of the top 3 weapons with the highest score in the last match will appear in the popup message.
- The displayed weapon icons follow the weapon sorting order applied to the Last Match page.
In-game charm equip/unequip feature
- You can now equip and unequip charms in-game, just like you can for weapon skins.
- While wearing other players’ skins, press Alt+Shift+LMB to unequip them, and press Alt+LMB to equip your skins and charm.
[Test Server] Bonus weapon XP rewards test
- We’re testing a feature specifically on the Test Server until Midnight June 22 (KST) which allows us to grant players bonus Mastery XP.
- This feature allows certain weapons to gain more XPs during a certain period.
- For 3 days, you can earn 3 times more XP with handguns, SMGs and SRs.
- This feature won’t be applied to the Live Server in June.
- Once testing is complete and the feature stable, we will may use this system on live servers in the future.
- Keep an eye out for future announcements.
Added brightness options for each map
- Brightness option are now changeable per map, to allow players more choice with each map’s unique visual characteristics.
- A new option allows you to adjust brightness for each map individually.
- You can also use the existing option to adjust brightness of all maps together.
Readability improved for parachute UI
- For greater readability, the text outline of the parachute altitude and speed has been thickened.
Store UI improvement
- Featured page
- Featured page has been added for the new Summer items.
- BP item filter added
- A filter button has been added, allowing you to exclusively view BP items.
- Improved purchase button responsiveness
- The clickable area of the purchase button has been made bigger so you can click the button more easily.
- This should remove some frustration from having to click precisely to trigger a purchase.
Improved Survivor Pass in-game mission list UI
- The in-game mission list UI has been improved to more clearly distinguish completed missions from and in-progress/uncompleted missions.
- Buildings at short distance now load 30 to 40% faster through optimization of level streaming (rendering).
- Material data structure has been optimized.
- Streaming (rendering) priority has been optimized through estimating of players’ movement route and allocating resource priority accordingly.
- Furniture rendering speed has been optimized.
- Level LOD data has been optimized.
- Reduced delays which could occur when opening crates from the Store.
That’s a lot of stuff! If you want to know about ever every minor bug fix, you can check out the full, unabridged patch notes, right here. In other news, PUBG recently teased a visual update to its classic Erangel map. Check it out below.
PUBG is available on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and mobile devices, although all versions of the game are on different update schedules. As mentioned, Update 30 is currently available on test servers, and should roll out to all players within a week or two.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter