PUBG PC Update 9 to Introduce Killer Spectating Mode Alongside Bug Fixes
PUBG PC update 9 will introduce a killer spectating mode alongside various bug fixes.
The mode allows killed players to spectate their killer, and players will also get the option to report their killers in Killer Spectate Mode. As said, the upcoming patch will also offer various bug fixes and will make a minor change to the default setting for voice chat.
We’ve included the release notes for the upcoming patch below:
Spectating Your Killer
- Players can now spectate their killer by clicking the “watch” button on their match result screen
- Solo killer spectating
- If you get killed by the Blue Zone, the Red Zone or from falling, you can spectate the nearest player from your death location
- When the player you were spectating dies, you can continue spectating the killer of that player
- If the player you were spectating gets disconnected, you can continue spectating their killer
- Duo / Squad killer spectating
- Same as above but can only spectate the enemy team after all your team members are dead
- You can report a player you are spectating in Killer Spectate mode by pressing R
- If you click Death Cam, you won’t be able to use the Killer Spectate mode
The default setting for voice chat changed to “Team Only”
- Fixed a bug where vehicles suddenly flip, go flying or come back to the starting point while driving
- Fixed a bug where the IGN of your killer was not shown when viewing Death Cam
- Adjusted the rotation axis for the preview model in customization menu for better usability
PUBG PC update 9 will first be tested on the game’s test server before being deployed on the live servers. Developer Bluehole writes that the live server update schedule will be announced soon.
PUBG is available now for PC through Steam and Xbox One. As covered yesterday, a new update for Xbox One is inbound as well.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter