Pokémon GO Update Brings New Gen 5 Pokémon
Pokémon GO has been around for a little over three years and continues to be one of the most played games of the franchise. Niantic and the Pokémon company have done a commendable job of keeping things fresh for new and seasoned players alike. Today, the game receives yet more content on mobile. The team has announced today that the game will receive an update that brings new fifth-generation Pokémon. Here's the full changelog:
- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Pidove, Blitzle, and more Pokémon originally discovered in the Unova region will be appearing in the wild.
- Spark has been hard at work walking and incubating Eggs for his research and has found that the following Pokémon have started hatching from Eggs!
- 2 km Eggs: Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Pidove
- 5 km Eggs: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Blitzle, Drilbur, Foongus
- 10 km Eggs: Ferroseed, Klink, Litwick, Golett, Deino
- After tackling dozens of raids head on, Candela has discovered that Lillipup, Patrat, and Klink will be available to challenge in raids! Please note, Trainers, that Klink hasn’t been reported appearing in the wild outside raids.
- Following some travel and meticulous research, Blanche reports that there are some Pokémon that only seem to be appearing in the wild in certain parts of the world! Join us in welcoming them!
- Asia-Pacific: Pansage, the Grass Monkey Pokémon
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Pansear, the High Temp Pokémon
- The Americas and Greenland: Panpour, the Spray Pokémon
- Western hemisphere: Heatmor, the Anteater Pokémon
- Eastern hemisphere: Durant, the Iron Ant Pokémon
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter Shiny Patrat and Shiny Lillipup!
- Introducing the Unova Stone! This black-and-white Evolutionary item will allow certain Pokémon to evolve. Try using it on a Pokémon like Lampent, and see what happens! This item can be obtained from Research Breakthroughs.
The update is rolling out now and should reach all players via the Play Store. Some of the changes that the update brings include new hatchlings, additional Pokémon for raids, and unique region-specific Pokémon for Asia, Europe, the US, as well as the Western and Eastern hemispheres.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter