A new Persona 5 Royal trailer has been released today, focusing on one of the game's main characters.
The new trailer, which is only available in Japanese as of now, focuses on Haru Okumura, the final character to join the party. In the original game, Haru received very little development, joining late in the game, but it seems like the new version of the game is going to fix this issue by adding more scenes with her, as seen in today's trailer.
Persona 5 Royal is going to feature some brand new battle mechanics that will make combat even mor exciting, such as new Baton Touch ranks, Show Time attacks and more.
- Baton Touch ranks have been introduced.
- Leveling ranks increases the offensive and beneficial effects of the Baton Touch.
- Make full use of skills that cannot be inherently learned by equipping accessories that grant the use of skills.
- Characteristics have been added to each persona in Persona 5 Royal with attributes such as SP consumption for skills decreased, skill damage increased, etc.
- A new cooperative technique called “Show Time” has been introduced.
- “Show Time” is a special performance where teammates combine their strength. As their bonds deepen, they will begin to produce new techniques.
- Makoto Niijima and Haru Okumura’s “Show Time” is a cooperation skill based around female professional wrestling.
Persona 5 Royal launches on PlayStation 4 next year in North America and Europe. The game launches in late 2019 in Japan.