Persona 5 Royal Third Tier Personas, New Combat Mechanics Detailed
New Persona 5 Royal details have been revealed today, including new details on the main cast’s new Personas and new combat mechanics.
The latest issue of Japanese magazine Famitsu, as reported by Persona Central, confirmed the names of Ryuji, Ann and Yusuke new Personas.
- Ryuji’s new persona is called “William,” Captain Kidd’s real name.
- Ann’s new persona is called “Celestine,” the original actress for Carmen.
- Yusuke’s new persona is called “Gorochiki,” which is a younger name of Ishikawa Goemon’s.
Famitsu also revealed some new details on the new battle mechanics added to Persona 5 Royal, such as the Baton Touch ranks and more.
- Baton Touch ranks have been introduced.
- Leveling ranks increases the offensive and beneficial effects of the Baton Touch.
- Make full use of skills that cannot be inherently learned by equipping accessories that grant the use of skills.
- Characteristics have been added to each persona with attributes such as SP consumption for skills decreased, skill damage increased, etc.
- A new cooperative technique called “Show Time” has been introduced.
- “Show Time” is a special performance where teammates combine their strength. As their bonds deepen, they will begin to produce new techniques.
- Makoto Niijima and Haru Okumura’s “Show Time” is a cooperation skill based around female professional wrestling.
Persona 5 Royal launches on PlayStation 4 next year in North America and Europe. The game launches in late 2019 in Japan.