Nexus Phones Of 2016 Rumored To Feature Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 821
The upcoming HTC Nexus has been rumored to feature a Snapdragon 820, so what’s this rumor that we keep on hearing that the upcoming Nexus lineup is going to be packing Qualcomm’s fastest SoC to date, Snapdragon 821. Maybe it’s a manufacturer that we don’t know the details of, or do we?
2016 Huawei Nexus Could Sport A Snapdragon 821 – HTC Nexus Could Come Shipped With A Snapdragon 820
Qualcomm announced its Snapdragon 821 very recently, thus confirming that Snapdragon 820 does have a successor that is going to be present in mobile devices during the 2016 Calendar year. Question is, which Nexus smartphone is going to come packing it? Not long ago, there was a rumor circulating suggesting that Huawei Nexus could feature a Snapdragon 820, but seeing as how there are already two Nexus handsets being prepped by HTC, it would be fitting if the Chinese manufacturer would incorporate something more powerful in its upcoming offering.
A Snapdragon 821 is able to deliver a 10 percent performance increase, which may not be a whole lot, and we completely understand manufacturers’ decision to maintain their trend of incorporating a Snapdragon 820 inside future mobile devices. In fact, most of the flagship Android smartphones are running the Kryo processor at a lower clocked speed than their default frequencies, most likely to conserve battery life, which is one of the things that has incessantly plagued smartphones. If a Huawei Nexus does feature a Snapdragon 821, it will also need to pack a massive battery capacity to ensure that the user can experience a whole day’s worth of talk-time.
If you wanted to know the differences between Snapdragon 821 and Snapdragon 820, they have been detailed below:
- CPU performance cluster: 2 x Kryo running at 2.2GHz
- CPU power efficiency cluster: 2 x Kryo running at 1.6GHz
- GPU: Adreno 530 running at 624MHz
- CPU performance cluster: 2 x Kryo running at 2.4GHz
- CPU power efficiency cluster: 2 x Kryo running at 2.0GHz
- GPU: Adreno 530 running at 650+MHz
As for the specifications of the upcoming Nexus S1, they have been listed below, securing some thought that the smartphone is not going to feature a Snapdragon 821:
- 5-inch 1080p display (No details on display type, but we have a hunch it’s going to be an AMOLED display)
- Quad-core 2.0GHz 64-bit processor (Chipset model currently known, but its most likely going to be a Snapdragon 820)
- 4GB RAM
- 2770mAh battery
- 32GB storage (Could possibly be higher storage models announced for varied price tags)
- 12MP rear camera, 8MP front (12MP rear camera could possibly have 4K video recording capabilities as well as slow-mo video recording features)
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- USB-C port
- Bottom-firing speaker or speakers
- Top-mounted headphone jack
- Bluetooth 4.2 module
Do you feel that the better performing Nexus should feature a Snapdragon 821? Let us know your thoughts right away.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter