Moto Racer 4 Gets Gameplay Details and October Release Date
Moto Racer 4, announced six months ago, now has a release date. The game will launch for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 13.
Developed with Unreal Engine 4 by Microïds and Artefacts Studio (with the supervision of original designer Paul Cuisset), Moto Racer 4 will feature no less than fifteen modes between single and multiplayer. Other than the usual Time Trial, Single Race and Championship, here's a list of what fans can expect:
- KING OF THE HILL: Each rider starts with the same time on the clock. While time runs down for the leader, the other racers get extra turbo. The first player to get their counter down to zero wins the race.
- LAST MAN STANDING: The last player to pass each checkpoint is eliminated.
- SURVIVAL: The race starts with very little time on the clock. Players gain time by passing the checkpoints. In single-player mode, the aim is to survive for a specific length of time. In multiplayer mode, the winner is the last player with time left on their clock.
- CATCH-UP: The player's opponents begin the race with a headstart and the player must be in first place at a specific time.
- WOLF PACK: The player begins the race with a headstart and must maintain it for a certain length of time without being overtaken.
- GHOST BIKE: The player starts the race in last place and is not allowed to deviate from the road or collide with others. S/he must finish in a specified minimum place.
- GOLDEN HELMET: Competitors must earn the one golden helmet up for grabs during the race. To do this, they must be first past the initial checkpoint. If the player wearing the golden helmet is knocked by another player, s/he surrenders it to that player. If a player falls off their bike, s/he loses the helmet and it is automatically sent to the next checkpoint.
The developers also wanted to confirm the following features:
- Alternating high-speed/motocross races
- Traffic on the road
- Split-screen multi-player mode
- Online multi-player mode (2-10 players)
- 60 images per second
- Vehicle and rider customization
- Possibility of colliding with opponents
- Each competitor has a different personality and behavioral traits