Christmas Comes Early for Insiders as Microsoft Releases a Super Exciting Preview Build (Hint: Timeline Is Here!)
After nearly a month, Microsoft is finally releasing a new Windows 10 Redstone 4 Insider Preview Build - and if it isn't worth the wait! The Preview Build brings a super super super long list of features and improvements that will take a long time to read, follow and test. Excited? You should be. Here are only some of the highlights of what today's Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17063 for PC is bringing to Skip Ahead and Fast ring insiders.
What's new and exciting in Windows 10 Redstone 4 17063 for PC
- The Timeline is here! "Timeline introduces a new way to resume past activities you started on this PC, other Windows PCs, and iOS / Android devices," the company said. "Timeline enhances Task View, allowing you to switch between currently running apps and past activities."
- Activities: In Timeline, a user activity is the combination of a specific app and a specific piece of content you were working on at a specific time. Each activity links right back to a webpage, document, article, playlist, or task, saving you time when you want to resume that activity later.
- Microsoft Edge Improvements bring Fluent Design, Web Media Extensions Package, and Gesture Improvements for Precision Touch Pads.
- Cortana Improvements
- Windows Shell Improvements also bring some Fluent Design elements and a consistent Network flyout on the login screen, among other improvements.
- An improved My People experience
- Windows Defender Improvements bring Windows Defender Application Guard to Windows 10 Pro and quick access from the context menu.
- Windows Settings Improvements, again, bring some Fluent Design elements offering a refreshed look, among other changes.
- Input Improvements
- Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL)
- New “edit in Paint 3D” button comes to the Snipping Tool
- New tools for developers on Windows
- New features for IT Pros in Delivery Optimization
- And tons of other features and improvements
We normally share the complete changelog right in our post, but this Christmas build brings a little too much to Insiders. For more details about these new features, how to use Timeline, and to take a look at the known issues, head over to Microsoft.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter