Huge scale RTS Ashes of the Singularity will reach full release later this month, when it leaves Steam's Early Access scheme.
Control your forces - lots and lots of your forces - across the galaxy as the human race decides to tackle everything going in an attempt to find Turinium, the most precious resource out there. More valuable than a decent Pot Noodle.
CEO and President of Stardock, Brad Wardell, said:
With Ashes of the Singularity, we want to present players with a game that lets them feel like they are fighting a planetary war, not just a battle.
We are not looking to reinvent the RTS. Our goal is to introduce a new generation of gamers to the general awesomeness of real time strategy gaming. That means showing how well non-cheating computer players can perform in single player as well as making it easy to get multiplayer games going.
The developers claim that the complete version, to be released on March 31, will contain all of their intended features, including, in their own words:
- Massive numbers of units in the world that can be easily organized into armies that allow players to fight wars across several different fronts simultaneously.
- The world's first multi-core real-time AI allowing for a non-cheating AI that can beat most players.
- A story-driven, non-linear campaign that tells the story of a United Earth in the 23rd century.
- A focus on single player replayability while including a wealth of multiplayer features.
- The future-proofed Nitrous 3D engine whose 64-bit, multi-core foundation supports DirectX 11, DirectX 12 and multiple GPUs.