How To Jailbreak iOS 9 – 9.0.2 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Using Pangu 9
Here's a complete step by step tutorial on how you can jailbreak iOS 9 - 9.0.2 using Pangu 9 running on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad touch and more.
Jailbreak iOS 9 On iPhone 6s, iPhone 6, iPhone 5, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPod touch And More
Update: Pangu 9 for Mac has been released. The steps for jailbreaking are exactly the same as its Windows counterpart, which are outlined below.
The Pangu 9 iOS 9 jailbreak tool supports all the devices that can run iOS 9 all the way up to iOS 9.0.2. Here's the complete list of them:
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 1
- iPod touch 5 and 6
Supported Firmware Versions
Like we mentioned above, Pangu 9 supports iOS 9 all the way up to iOS 9.0.2.
- iOS 9
- iOS 9.0.1
- iOS 9.0.2
Important Things To Note Before You Begin
1. Make sure your device is freshly restored to iOS 9.0.2, and it shouldn't be an OTA update. You can download the latest mobile firmware by going here: Download: iOS 9.0.2 For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch – IPSW Direct Links.
2. Your device should be charged well beyond the 50% mark.
3. Turn off Bluetooth and disconnect your Apple Watch from your iPhone (if you have one).
4. Turn off Touch ID and passcode by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode. Tap on the 'Turn Passcode Off' option to disable it.
5. Turn off Find my iPhone. Navigate to Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone and move the 'Find my iPhone' switch to the OFF position.
6. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your Windows PC or Mac. You can download iTunes by going to apple.com/itunes.
7. Make sure you backup all your data using iTunes or iCloud: How To Backup iPhone, iPad Using iCloud, iTunes.
8. Enable Airplane mode when you're done following the above steps.
9. If iTunes launches on its own during the entire jailbreak process, DO NOT close it down.
If you've followed the above prerequisites correctly then follow the steps below to jailbreak iOS 9 using Pangu 9.
Jailbreak iOS 9 Using Pangu 9 - Tutorial
2. Before you launch the Pangu 9 jailbreak tool, right-click on its icon and then click on 'Run as administrator.'
3. Connect your device to your Windows PC or Mac using the supplied USB cable. Make sure your device is in Airplane mode well beforehand.
4. Click on the 'Start' button on the Pangu 9 tool.
5. You'll be asked to backup your device. Click on 'Already backup' to move forward.
6. The tool will now start jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
7. Your device will restart a number of times and you'll be asked to put your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in Airplane mode again. Do so when prompted for it.
8. Once all of that is done, the tool will ask you to run the Pangu app from your device.
9. Tap on the 'Accept' button as shown in the screenshot below. Grant access to the photo library when prompted for it. Your device will restart once more, so let that happen.
10. You'll see a 'Jailbreak Completed' message in the Pangu app for confirmation that the jailbreak went smoothly and has indeed completed.
11. Once you boot back up into the home screen, simply launch Cydia.
That's it, your'e done!
We highly recommend that you wait for developers to update their tweaks for iOS 9 - 9.0.2 before you go ahead with an installation spree.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter