After a long wait, the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update is finally available for Samsung Galaxy Note 5. If you haven't received an over the air (OTA) notification yet and want to manually flash the firmware on your Note, here are all the files and steps you need.
N920CXXU2BPB6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
Marshmallow brings several new features to the Samsung Galaxy Note 5, including the Doze mode, improved App permissions and native fingerprint support. You will also experience a slightly tweaked interface as Samsung has worked on the TouchWiz to make it fit with Google's Material Design philosophy. This firmware is only available for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 model N920C so please don't try it on any other models. To confirm, go to Settings > About Phone to check the model number of your Note 5.
Model name: GALAXY Note 5
Version: Android 6.0.1
Build date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 06:40:05 +0000
Product code: CAM
Before you update Note 5 to N920CXXU2BPB6 Android 6.0.1:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 5 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Disable Samsung KIES and any antivirus programs on your PC.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Note 5 to N920CXXU2BPB6 Android 6.0.1:
Here are the steps to update Galaxy Note 5 to N920CXXU2BPB6 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Launch Odin on your PC.
- Connect your smartphone with your computer and wait for Odin to detect your device.
- In Odin, click on Options tab and disable re-partition if it's enabled.
- Next, click on the AP button and locate the N920CXXU2BPB6 tar.md5 file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 6.0.1 update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message on Odin and your Note 5 will reboot.
- Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
Don't forget to share with us in the comments if you like the new features of Marshmallow and the new design that TouchWiz brings to the Note 5.