How to Update to iOS 11 Final Without Losing Your Files or Settings – Tutorial
Here’s how you can update your device to iOS 11 final without losing your files, wallpaper, photos or settings.
Update to iOS 11 Final Using Over the Air Method in Order to Retain Your Files or Settings
The final version of iOS 11 is now live for everyone and users are scrambling the world over to get their hands on it the earliest. If you are one of those people, and direly love everything that is on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, then you should opt for the over the air method in order to install iOS 11 final version. It’s quick, easy, painless, and at the end of the process you’re left with a device that retains everything from before except that you’ll be on the latest firmware from Apple.
Check Device Compatibility Before Updating
iOS 11 is supported by a wide range of devices. From iPhone 5s all the way up to the latest iPhone X, iPad mini 2 all the way to the mini 4, iPad 5 all the way to the latest and greatest iPad Pro as well as the iPod touch sixth-generation. If you have an iPhone 5 or a device that’s 32-bit, then you are out of luck.
Charge Your Device Beyond the 50% Mark
iOS updates don’t install if you have less than 50% battery on your device. In fact, I would suggest that you leave your device plugged in during the entire process. So it’s a good idea to have your wall charger handy with you during the download and installation period.
Connect to WiFi
You can not download iOS updates over cellular network. You must be connected to a WiFi network. Go to Settings > WiFi in order to do so.
Update to iOS 11 Over the Air (OTA)
1. Assuming you have plenty of battery life, plugged in and connected to WiFi, launch the Settings app.
2. Tap on General to open.
3. Now select Software Update at the top.
4. The page will now refresh and the iOS 11 update will show up in a few seconds. Tap on the Download and Install button at the bottom.
5. You should now see the Update Requested prompt. After a few seconds the update will start to download.
6. Once the download is complete, you'll see a pop-up asking you to install iOS 11 or delay it. Tap on Install Now.
7. Your device will restart and you’ll boot back into iOS 11.
8. Enter your Apple ID password when you’re prompted for it.
Looking to clean install iOS 11? Or downgrade back to iOS 10 / 10.3.3? Check out the links below.
- Download: iOS 11 Final IPSW for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch Now Available – Full Changelog Included
- How to Clean Install iOS 11 Final Version on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Detailed Tutorial
- How to Downgrade iOS 11 Final Back to iOS 10 / iOS 10.3.3 Right Now
- Apple iOS 11 Review: Packed with New Features & Really Dialed All the Way to Eleven
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter