Here's how you can download iOS 10 beta over the air (OTA) on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch without downloading entire iOS 10 beta IPSW file.
Install iOS 10 Beta OTA On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch - No Need To Download IPSW
We went through the process of showing you how you can clean install iOS 10 beta on your device. While that route is how we've been installing major first iOS betas in the past, but with the release of iOS 10 Apple has introduced a new method of installing pre-release firmware updates from scratch for developers - using over the air update. Now, if you've ever installed a public beta of iOS before, you know already that you need to download an update provisioning profile in order to get the firmware over the air. This method for iOS 10 beta works exactly in the same manner. But for your convenience, we'll show you how it's done.
1. Go to the Apple Developer Program website and sign in with your account. Make sure you visit the website using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch - the device on which you want to install iOS 10 beta.
2. Now tap on the 'Discover' tab at the top of the page once you're signed in.
3. Now tap on 'iOS' in the list of options above.
4. Tap on the blue 'Download' button on the next page.
5. You'll see a bunch of downloads here for iOS 10 beta. Tap on the one that is at the top labelled 'Configuration Profile.'
6. Your device will now download a profile from Apple's website after which you'll receive an over the air (OTA) update for installing iOS 10 beta. Head over to Settings > General > Software Update, and tap on 'Download and Install' to initiate the download, and of course, installation process.
From here on in you'll also receive further iOS 10 beta updates over the air, like you normally would.
This route is highly recommended if you prefer not to go through the hassle of connecting your iOS device with your PC or Mac. It's simple, and it just works like a charm. Apple even recommends you take this route as well due to its sheer simplicity.
If for some reason iOS 10 beta is not cutting the mustard for you, mainly because it's a pre-release software with several bugs, then you can downgrade from iOS 10 to iOS 9 in a few easy steps as outlined in our guide. The process is absolutely painless, but do keep in mind that downgrading will erase everything off your device, so please make a backup of your content in a safe location before going ahead.