PS5 PS Plus Collection: How to Claim and Access Your Games on Sony’s New Console
With the release of the PS5, Sony also launched its new addition to the PS Plus service – the PS5 PS Plus Collection. Here’s how to claim and access your free titles.
The PS Plus collection is part of the regular PS Plus subscription and includes a curated collection of PS4 hit titles that have been released over the years. At the moment of writing, the collection consists of the following games:
- Days Gone
- Detroit: Become Human
- God of War
- Infamous Second Son
- Ratchet and Clank
- The Last Guardian
- The Last of Us Remastered
- Until Dawn
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- Battlefield 1
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
- Fallout 4
- Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition
- Monster Hunter: World
- Mortal Kombat X
- Persona 5
- Resident Evil 7 biohazard
In addition to these titles, PS5 owners are also able to claim ‘Bugsnax’ until January 4, 2021.
Sony hasn’t announced how the PS Plus Collection will be managed in the future, but since all of these games in the collection need to be ‘claimed’ in order to keep playing them, it seems likely that the collection will be refreshed at some point. As such, it’s vital that you claim the current lineup of games. So how to actually claim and access these titles? Well, following the integration of PS Plus and the PS Store in the PS5 UI, you have several options:
1. The new PS5 interface is all about your games, and the PS Plus is accessible via your Game Library on the outer right of the new main game bar.
Go to your Game Library > go down to select between all your purchased and installed titles > select the PS Plus Collection tab and claim your titles in order to download them to your PS5 console.
Once accessed, the PS Plus icon also appears on your main bar for fast access.
2. In addition to being accessible through the game library, the PS5 PS Plus Collection can also be accessed through the integrated PS Store. Just enter the store and you’ll directly see the large image (you can’t miss it).
3. Last but not least, the collection of games can be viewed when hovering over the PS Store icon on the PS5 main bar. The PS Plus Collection banner will appear under the ‘must-see’ featured titles for easy access.
There you have it, multiple ways to quickly access your PS Plus Collection. Just don’t forgot to claim your free games.