Make The Galaxy S21 Fingerprint Reader Faster [How To]
The Galaxy S21 series is already impressive in many ways, from using the latest and great hardware in the tech to an amazing design that is uniform and a pleasure to hold. The series uses the new ultrasonic fingerprint reader from Qualcomm, which is faster and larger in surface area. Since launch, I have been using the device and have had no issues with the fingerprint sensor, but what if I tell you that there is a way to make the Galaxy S21 fingerprint reader even faster than before?
There are a few ways that you can use to make the fingerprint on your Galaxy S21, and all of them are already within your phone, so you do not need to use any software or other 3rd party tweaks to get going.
Use These 3 Tips to Make the Galaxy S21 Fingerprint Reader Much Faster
Now, there are three tips that I have discovered so far. If you know more, you can mention them below. The first tip is as simple as turning off the unlock animation of the fingerprint reader. Here is how you can do it.
- Head over to Biometrics and security.
- Tap on Fingerprints, enter the PIN or the pattern.
- Look for the toggle that says Show animation when unlocking and turn it off.
What this does is disable the unlocking animation, which, in many ways, gives the fingerprint reader a faster response time, and that translates into faster unlock.
The second tip that I have for you is slightly different, I have tried it on my Galaxy S21 Ultra, and the results are promising. What you have to do is remove all your registered fingerprints, and when re-registering them, register both the left and right sides of the same finger.
This means that if you are registering a thumb, make sure that you put your left thumb on the sensor, and when it asks you to lift a finger and place it again, do it with the right one. You have to repeat the process until the fingerprint finishes the registry process.
This will add more fingerprint data onto the same registry, and yes, you will be able to unlock your phone with both thumbs by doing so. If you are like me and have more than one finger registered, you can do this process the same way with other fingers.
The last tip that I have for you is perhaps the most technical one as it requires you to change a few settings, but this does make the most noticeable difference, so it is worth a shot.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Once you are there, you will need to tap on the search button and search for Optimize battery usage.
- Tap on it, and you will be brought to another menu where you have to tap on the same option once again.
- Once you are here, tap on Apps not optimized and then select All.
- You will now get a lot more apps; what you are searching for is the one that controls biometrics. You have to search for the following, com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.setting. Doing so will bring up the following toggle.
- Turn off this toggle, and go back.
Turning off this toggle will make sure that the system files taking care of the biometrics do not go into a deep sleep every time the screen is turned off. This is the method that will show you the most drastic results in terms of speed, as well.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter