How to Unlock OnePlus 8 Bootloader [Tutorial]
The OnePlus 8 has been out for some time now and to be honest, it is one of the impressive devices available in the market. Bringing you flagship specs in a great overall package as well as looks. The great thing about OnePlus devices is that they have always enjoyed amazing developer support, many people go to the extent of calling these devices spiritual successors to Pixel devices because of that.
If you have just received your OnePlus 8 and you want an unlocked bootloader, this guide is going to help you unlock OnePlus 8 bootloader with ease. The process will wipe your data, so it is better that you just make a backup before you go ahead.
Unlock OnePlus 8 Bootloader by Following these Basic Steps
In all fairness, the process to unlock OnePlus 8 bootloader is not that difficult, to begin with. Gone are the days where you had to input your phone's IMEI on a website for a code to arrive on your device. Everything can be done in just a matter of a few minutes and that is the best thing about it.
In order to unlock OnePlus 8 bootloader, you will need just a computer, a USB cable, and a little installer package that will enable ADB on your computer. Simply follow the steps below and you will be sorted out.
- Download the fastboot installer from here and follow the instructions.
Unlock OnePlus 8 Bootloader
- Start by going to the Settings and then head over to About phone.
- Once there, you will need to look for Build number and tap on it for at least 8 times. Your phone will display a message or ask for a pin.
- Go back to the menu, scroll all the way down and just above RAM Boost, you will find Developer options.
- In Developer options, you will need to turn on OEM unlocking and Advance reboot.
- Now simply press and hold the power button and choose the Bootloader from the menu that appears.
- Your phone will now boot into the Fastboot/Bootloader mode.
- Connect your OnePlus 8 to your computer.
- Open command prompt anywhere on your and type fastboot oem unlock and press enter.
- Your phone will display new prompts now, simply select the bootloader unlock using the volume keys and press the power button to confirm.
- The unlocking process will now begin and once it is done, your phone will reboot and you will have an unlocked bootloader.
You can now go ahead and root your device should you wish to. We will be following this up with a detailed root guide, as well. For now, for those who want to unlock OnePlus 8 bootloader, this is how it is done.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter