How to Uninstall Application on Windows 11 Computers
If you no longer use an app or want to declutter your computer, it is always wise to start uninstalling applications. The process to uninstall is straightforward, and there are different ways that you can attempt this. In this tutorial, I will show you how to uninstall an application on Windows 11 computers.
Uninstall Application on Windows 11
There are different ways to uninstall an app, and I will show you three ways that you can use to remove an app that you no longer need. You can pick whichever method you find easiest.
Uninstall Application on Windows 11 Start Menu
Step-1: Click on the Windows icon on the taskbar. Then click on the All apps option in the top right corner.
Step-2: When the app list opens, right-click on the app and select Uninstall.
Step-3: If the app you select is a Microsoft store app, you will get a dialogue box asking you for confirmation. Click Uninstall.
If the app you select is not a Microsoft Store app, you will be directed to the Control Panel. If you are directed to the Control Panel, move to the next steps; otherwise, move on to the following method.
Step-4: When the Control Panel opens, select the app and select the Uninstall option.
Step-5: You will be asked, do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Click Yes.
You can also uninstall from the Settings app:
- Open Settings using the shortcut keys Win + I. You can also open it by clicking on the Windows icon on the taskbar and selecting the Settings cog.
- Select Apps from the left pane.
- Select Apps & Features from the right pane.
- Next to the app that you wish to uninstall, click on the three vertical dots. Select Uninstall.
- Click Uninstall again.
- This step would apply to you if you chose a non-Microsoft app to uninstall. After you clicked uninstall a second time, you will be asked, do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Click Yes.
In Windows 11, the Control Panel isn’t completely separate from the Settings app. You can uninstall in Control Panel, too, without accessing the Settings app.
Step-1: Click on the search icon on the taskbar and type Control Panel. Click Open.
Step-2: Select Uninstall a program option.
Step-3: Click on the app you wish to uninstall and click on the uninstall option at the top of the window.
Step-4: You will be asked, do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Click Yes.
I hope this helps. Let us know in the comments below.