How to Reset AirTag and Pair it to a New Item
If you want to reuse your AirTag or pair it with a new item, you first have to reset it. As with every new Apple product, there are some things that you need to learn before you go ahead and make them a useful part of your life. Similarly, there is a way to reset the AirTag and we will share how you can do it. Simply scroll down to see more details on the guide.
Follow the Step by Step Instructions to Reset Your AirTag and Pair it to a New Device
Each AirTag is associated with a specific Apple ID and you can pair up to 16 AirTags with every account. However, if you are giving your AirTag away to your friend or family member or simply selling it, you first have to remove your AirTag from your Apple ID account. Luckily, we have a detailed guide that teaches you how you can do it. However, if you want to reset your AirTag, this is what you have to do.
Follow the step-by-step instructions and you are good to go:
1. Open the back stainless steel battery cover of AirTag by pressing it down and then rotating it.
2. Remove the battery and then Replace it.
3. Press down on the battery and until you hear a Sound.
4. As soon as the sound goes off, repeat the process four times. ( You have to remove and replace the battery and then press down until you hear the sound. You will hear a total of five sounds in the process to reset your AirTag.
5. Now, put the stainless steel cover back on by aligning the three tabs and then pressing it until you hear a sound.
6. Rotate the cover clockwise for a perfect fit.
That is all that you have to do in order to reset your AirTag. The process only seems tricky but in reality, it is very easy to perform. Once you reset the AirTag, it can be paired with a new item easily or if you want to give it away. Before you decide to let go of it, remember to remove your Apple ID account associated with the accessory. To pair the AirTag again, follow the instructions in our detailed guide.
This is all there is to it, folks. Share your experience with us in the comments section below.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter