How to Optimize Windows 11 for Gaming
If you recently shifted to Windows 11 and want to ensure that you get the best gaming experience, you can try different things. I don’t mean getting the best gaming accessories, games, etc. There are different settings that you can tweak and get a smoother gaming session. This tutorial will address this and show you how to optimize Windows 11 for gaming.
Optimize Windows 11 For Gaming
There are different things that you can try to enhance the gaming session manifold. Try out these methods and let us know how they worked out.
Step-1: Press Win + I keys to open the Settings app.
Step-2: Select Gaming in the left pane.
Step-3: Press Game Mode in the right pane.
Step-4: Turn the toggle switch On next to Game Mode.
Nagle’s algorithm improves the efficiency of TCP/IP networks. However, this is done at the cost of your internet connection. Disabling it allows for a better online gaming experience.
- Click on the search icon and type PowerShell. Click Open.
- Type ipconfig and press Enter.
- Look for IPv4 Address and note down the IP address provided.
After this, you will have to work with the Registry editor, so ensure that you create a system restore point beforehand.
- Open Run box using shortcut keys Win + R.
- Type regedit and press Enter.
- You will be asked, do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Click Yes.
- Type the following path in the address bar and the top and press Enter:
- In the left pane, you will find files with names in the form of letters and numbers. Locate the file that contains DhcpIPAddress.
- Right-click on the correct folder, select New, and then select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name this TcpAckFrequency and click OK.
- Create another DWORD (32-bit) Value and name this TCPNoDelay
- Double-click on each of them one at a time in the left pane and set the Value data as 1.
Optimize Windows 11 for Gaming By Changing DNS
Step-1: Use Win + I keys to open Settings.
Step-2: Click on Network & Internet in the left pane.
Step-3: Select Properties.
Step-4: Next to DNS server assignment, select Edit.
Step-5: Select Manual from the drop-down menu.
Step-6: Turn on the IPv4 toggle switch.
Step-7: Enter the following DNS entries:
Step-8: Click Save.
Step-9: Restart your browser and enjoy your online gaming session.
Unnecessary pop-ups and notifications can take the fun out of your gaming session, so make sure that these are disabled before your next game.
- Open Settings app using shortcut keys Win + I.
- Select Focus Assist from the right pane.
- Select Alarms only.
- Ensure that the toggle switch next to When I’m playing a game is turned On under the Automatic rules section.
Optimize Windows 11 for Gaming by Enhancing Visuals
Step-1: Open Settings app.
Step-2: Type Performance in the search bar and press Enter.
Step-3: Select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows in the right pane.
Step-4: Another window will open up. Select Adjust for best performance.
Step-5: Click Apply.
Step-6: Select the Advanced tab.
Step-7: Ensure that the Adjust the best performance is set to Programs.
Step-8: Select Apply and then press OK.
- Open Settings app.
- Select Power & battery
- In the Power mode drop-down menu, select Best performance.
I hope these tweaks help. Let us know if you have some other ways that you use to enhance your gaming experience in the comments below.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter