Instagram and Facebook are rolling out a new feature that would give users the ability to hide likes and views from their posts as well as others. While the feature will prove worthwhile for average users, creators rely on interactions and brand endorsements, so the feature might not be a good option for them. Nonetheless, if you are unfamiliar we will teach you how to hide likes and views from your posts on Instagram as well as others' posts.
Instagram Rolls Out New Feature With the Ability to Hide Likes and Views on Your Posts as Well as Others'
As mentioned earlier, Instagram and Facebook are rolling out a new feature that will allow users to hide likes and views on their posts and other's posts as well. Facebook will be rolling out the new feature in the next few weeks. If you are unfamiliar, check out how to hide likes and views on Instagram posts.
- How to Hide Likes on Your Current Instagram Posts
1. Launch Instagram and head over to your desired post.
2. Tap the three dots on the top right-hand of your post.
3. Tap on Hide Like Count.
- How to Hide Likes on Future Instagram Posts
1. Create a new post as you would normally do.
2. Now, just before posting the picture, tap on Advanced Settings at the bottom.
3. Tap on Hide Like and View Counts on This Post.
- How to Hide Other's Instagram Posts
1. Launch Instagram on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to your profile and tap on the three-line icon on top.
3. Select Settings > Privacy > Posts.
4. Now, tap on Hide Like and View Counts and turn the toggle off.
There you have it, this is all that you have to do and you will not be able to see likes and views count on your posts as well as other's posts. Take note that the feature will be rolling out gradually to all users as a server-side switch. If you do not see the option right now, it would be best to wait for it.
How did you like the new feature? Let us know in the comments section below.