How to Enable Fast Startup in Windows 10 to Speed Up Boot Time
Is your PC lacking the power to keep up with your boot time expectations? Or you simply do not wish to be kept waiting for so long till your PC boots up. Now is the time to change that and with the Windows ecosystem by your side, there’s always a way to make things work for you. Fast startup is the feature that has been a part of the Windows OS’ lineup since Windows 8 and now it continues its reign on Windows 10.
Windows 10 Fast Startup entails numerous benefits as it significantly improves your boot times via its hybrid working that is somewhere in between the absolute cold shutdown and hibernation mode spectrum. In easier words, it logs out the users and shuts down the applications but keeps an image of your loaded kernel that just gets reloaded during system boot up to speed things up.
Here is how you can enable Windows 10 Fast Startup
- Open the Start menu and type control panel in the search bar. Click on the Control Panel app to proceed.
- Open the Hardware and Sound tab in the Control Panel.
- Select the Change what the power buttons do option from the Power Options tab to continue.
- The Fast Startup would be unavailable to make any changes, simply click on Change settings that are currently unavailable up on the top to unlock the Fast Startup mode.
- Check the box which states Turn on fast startup (recommended).
- Click on Save changes to finalize the mode selection that you have made and this would enable the Fast Startup mode on the Windows 10 PC.
Disabling the Windows 10 Fast Startup Mode
If you wish to turn the Windows 10 Fast Startup mode off in the distant future then all you have to do is just repeat the above-mentioned steps. Once you are in the Power Options’ menu then simply uncheck the box which states Turn on fast startup (recommended) and Save changes.
You can easily enable or disable Windows 10 Fast Startup with this guide and eliminate the frustrating wait time on every bootup.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter