How to Set Up and Get Started with Your New iPad Air!
Finally got your hands on the beautiful new iPad Air and can’t wait to get started? Here is our very easy-to-follow step by step guide to help you setup iPad Air in less than a few minutes. Thorough process with images to help you set up your new tablet.
How to setup iPad Air:
- Switch your new iPad Air by pressing the Power button at the top.
- You will be greeted by the Hello screen – swipe from left to right on the screen to begin the set up process.
- Select the Language when prompted by tapping on your preferred language.
- Next, select your country / region from the list to set up your country.
- Now you will be asked to choose a WiFi network. Tap to select a preferred network and enter the password for your WiFi network – if it’s password protected.
- On the next screen, choose if you want Location services to be enabled or disabled. To use the recommended services like Find my iPad, you will have to enable location services.
- Now you can set up your iPad either as a New iPad, or restore from iCloud Backup or from iTunes Backup. In this guide, we are going to set iPad Air as a new iPad. If you wish to restore backup from iTunes or iCloud, follow this guide.
- Now you will be asked to sign in with your Apple ID or create a new Free Apple ID. If you already have one, go to sign in with Your Apple ID.
- Read the Terms and Conditions on the next screen and tap on the Agree button. Confirm again to proceed further. It will take a few minutes to set up your Apple ID.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to either use iCloud or Don’t Use iCloud. iCloud lets you access your music, photos, contacts, calendars and more on all of your iOS devices. Works as a backup too. Recommended service.
- You will now be asked to Use or Don’t Use Find my iPad. In case you lose your iPad, Find My iPad service, a free service, allows you to locate, lock, and erase your iPad data. Find My iPad also includes Activation Lock. This means to erase or reactivate your iPad, your Apple ID and password will be required.
- After tapping on your selection of Find my iPad, now you will be asked to select the email IDs and phone numbers that can be used to contact you via iMessage and FaceTime. Deselect the IDs and numbers you don’t want associated with this iPad Air and click next.
- Now you will be prompted to create a Passcode. Enter a passcode, and re-enter it when you prompted on the next screen.
- Set up iCloud Keychain now. iCloud Keychain stores website usernames, passwords, credit card information and more, and keeps them up to date across all your iOS 7 devices you have approved. You can also generate stronger passwords using Keychain. If you have already setup iCloud Keychain previously on another iOS device, either approve it from one of your other devices using iCloud Keychain or use your iCloud Security Code. You can also select not to restore passwords.
- Next, you will get an option to enable Siri [Apple’s Personal Assistant], which can be used to make phone calls, send a message, dictate a note, check the weather and more using voice commands. Siri can be accessed by long pressing the Home button. Tap Use Siri if you want to use it.
- Next, tap on Automatically Send if you want Apple to get diagnostics and usage data from your iPad. If not, select the Don’t Send option.
- Now you will be asked to register your iPad with Apple. Tap Next to continue.
- Almost there to setup iPad Air! Now you will be greeted by the Welcome to iPad screen.
- Tap on Get Started to go to the Home screen, and bingo! Start using your beautiful new iPad Air.
Don’t forget to let us know if you have setup your new iPad Air and how did it go for you. Make sure to share your feedback about this new device!