Although Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is about to receive the Android 4.3 JB update, it hasn't yet been OTA released. We have already shared with you the guide to update your Galaxy Note 2 to leaked Android 4.3 JB. The leaked XXUEMI6 is stable and offers almost all the same features of Android 4.3 JB. If you have updated your Samsung phablet to the leaked Android 4.3 JB, here is the guide to root it now!
Prerequisites to root Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 JB XXUEMI6:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on your computer or you should have KIES on your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smart phone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 XXUEMI6 Jelly Bean:
- Unzip and install Odin on your PC and switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 off.
- Boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons simultaneously. Once successfully connected, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA button on Odin and locate the .tar.md5 file. Hit Start button to initiate the root process.
- Wait for your phablet to get the recovery tool. When installation is successfully completed, Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Switch your Note 2 off and boot in to recovery menu by pressing Home, Power and Volume Down buttons.
- Select Install Zip from Sdcard followed by Choose Zip from Sdcard. Locate the chainfire SuperSu file and confirm root installation process.
- When done, return back to main recovery menu and reboot!
Whoa! Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is now rooted on leaked XXUEMI6 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.