How to Fix Winterboard iOS 9 Incompatibility Issues
Now that we can jailbreak iOS 9, it will take a few days until developers update their tweaks to perfectly work with the latest firmware. We are already seeing reports of a number of issues, one of which includes a Winterboard related problem.
Users who are trying to apply a Winterboard theme in IOS 9 jailbroken devices are unable to do so. Winterboard iOS 9 is not working because it is yet to receive the update to make it compatible with the latest firmware. However, you can fix these Winterboard iOS 9 incompatibility issues by following these few steps.
Fix Winterboard iOS 9 incompatibility issues:
- Launch Cydia.
- Install iFile.
- Remove previously installed Winterboard from Cydia and download Winterboard .deb file on your jailbroken device.
- Install it using iFile.
- Go to /application in iFile where you will see winterboard.app.
- Tap on the exclamation mark next to it and rename it to winterboard1.app.
- Next, install iCleaner from Cydia. When you install it, Cydia will also update Winterboard. If you already have iCleaner, simply launch the app and tap on Clean button.
- Respring your iOS 9 powered device.
- Navigate to /applications in iFile and rename winterboard1.app back to winterboard.app.
- Launch iCleaner again and tap on the Clean button.
- This will update Winterboard again and it will start working on your iOS 9 jailbroken devices.
Ta da! You can now enjoy new themes that you want to try.
Want to jailbreak iOS 9 devices? Follow this guide for all the detailed steps to help you jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.