How to Fix Microsoft Edge Crashing Issues on Windows 10 Insider Preview
Microsoft rolled out Windows 10 Insider Preview 14942 to PC Insiders on the Fast ring, last week. The build brought in a number of small improvements and updates to the operating system preview, including the ability to hide the app list in the Start menu, giving a somewhat Windows 7 Start menu look. Following the release, several users have complained about Microsoft Edge crashing on the newly installed build. If you too are experiencing the same problem, follow these steps to fix Edge on Windows 10 build 14942.
How to fix Edge on Windows 10 Insider 14942
Fast ring Insiders work as the early testers for the company, as the builds rolled out to this ring are promised to be delivered with speed, but less testing. This means these builds bring with them a number of known and unknown issues. Apps may stop working, you might face issues with drivers, and several other similar problems.
The latest Windows 10 preview build also brings its fair share of issues. Some users have reported experiencing problems with Microsoft Edge browser. Following is how you can fix Edge on Windows 10 Insider preview 14942. The workaround has helped users to fix the Edge crashes, however, it is a risky process. Before proceeding, it is recommended that you take a complete backup of your Windows 10 system.
- Open the Run command: use the Windows key + R.
- Type regedit and click OK.
- In the Registry, you'll notice a new address bar that shows you where you're in the registry.
- Copy and paste the following command in the address bar and press Enter:
- Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Children
- Right-click each subfolder and click on Delete (do not delete the entire Children key; only the subfolders).
- Click Yes to confirm.
When you are done with this process, you should be able to open and use Microsoft Edge without any crashes. Let us know if this fix worked for you.