Deep Silver and Dambuster Studios have just confirmed via press release that Homefront: The Revolution is now officially Xbox One X enhanced. The game will render at 1800P with "improved frame rate performance"; Homefront: The Revolution also supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) support on both Xbox One S and Xbox One X now. For comparison, Homefront: The Revolution runs at 1400P on Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro console.
- The game is rendered in 3200 x 1800 which is a four times increase over the standard Xbox One version. This resolution will provide superior image quality on 4k TVs and a crisper, super-sampled image on 1080p TVs.
- All HUD and UI elements are rendered in native 4K for the highest quality image.
- The Time Splitters 2 arcade machine content is now rendered in native 4K.
- The game takes advantage of Xbox One X’s increased memory which will support more high quality textures on screen at any given time.
- Frame rate performance is further improved.
- HDR support has been added to both the Xbox One X and Xbox One S hardware.
The game is also discounted through Deals with Gold from today until November 14th.
A free Trial is also available on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4, containing the entire first ‘Red Zone’, offering up to 4 hours of single player gameplay, and unlimited access to Resistance Mode, the online co-operative mode in Homefront: The Revolution.
The game launched in Spring 2016 to mediocre reviews (including ours), but Dambuster Studios has since fixed many of the critical launch issues and the reception has thus improved over time.