Demo Available for Hellpoint, A Souls-Like Dark Sci-fi Action RPG Made by Industry Veterans
There's little doubt that Hidetaka Miyazaki created a new sub-genre of action RPG with the Souls series, now ended with the last The Ringed City DLC. Many developers have stolen a few ideas like the harsh difficulty or the asymmetric multiplayer, but fewer have tried to challenge the Souls series directly, the most accomplished attempt being Lords of the Fallen (the same developers are about to release another similar game, The Surge).
A new indie studio called Cradle Games is joining this small club with its first project, Hellpoint. Cradle Games was founded in 2015 by industry veterans who previously worked on games like Assassin’s Creed, Spider-Man, Prince of Persia, Skylanders, Rainbow Six, TMNT and others.
Hellpoint is an action RPG clearly inspired by the work of Miyazaki but also equipped with a few unique features. There'll be a Kickstarter campaign soon and in the meantime, you can already try the game with this very early demo. The developers have promised a release date between Q4 2017 and Q1 2018, 60FPS on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One and uncapped on PC, co-op and split-screen modes as well as Linux and Mac ports should there be enough interest.
We'll keep an eye on this one, that's for sure.
Embark on a soul conjuring journey aboard a derelict space station and figure out the twisted series of events that led to an occult quantum catastrophe. Hunt, or be hunted by insane mobs, decadent daemons, and deep space monsters, all under the constant watch of the black hole.
A NEW OCCULT SCI-FI UNIVERSE
Explore the enigmatic Irid Novo space colony and piece up hints to unravel stories of conspiracies, strange experiments, and cursed rituals.A REVOLUTIONARY WORLDThe Quantic system based on the station 21 hours' orbit cycles creates a variety of dynamic events which can be sought and raided to discover new depth to the story.INTENSE STRATEGIC ACTION COMBATCraft weapons and special skills, use tactic and reflexes to outwit your enemies, learn to avoid death lurking around every corner.HAVE FAITH IN OTHERSVenture alone, with or against others in multiplayer, and dedicate your character to a Cult.OTHER FEATURES
- Surprise your opponent by forging your very own supernatural skill using our revolutionary power crafting system
- Find your own balance of risks and rewards by performing strange rituals that affects the power and resilience of the enemies
- Plan and commit to your own network of quantic fast travel checkpoints but think carefully as quantity is limited per playthrough
- The path you take inside the open-world level design determines which enemies take control of various parts of the station, or which cosmic gods will accept to challenge you
- A special take on the new game plus design leaves you wondering if you truly discovered the real secret of Hellpoint