Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 14342 – All That’s New and Fixed
Microsoft had accidentally released Windows 10 PC preview build 14342 last week. The same build has only just arrived for the Mobile users. The company released Windows 10 Mobile Build 14342 to Insiders in the Fast ring last night. Interested in learning about all that is new and fixed in the latest Mobile build? Here is a hands-on video and the complete changelog.
Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Preview 14342
Swipe navigation in Microsoft Edge:
Since the release of Windows 10 Mobile, our top feedback request for Microsoft Edge has been asking for the return of the swipe gesture to navigate back and forward. With this build, you can now swipe from anywhere on the page to get back to your previous page.
Apps for websites:
As we discussed at Build 2016, you will soon be able to redirect certain websites to open with an app instead. This is a new capability so apps that support this are still in progress. In preparation for their availability we have added a new page at Settings > System > Apps for websites where you will be able to manage them. Stay tuned for more on this.
Feedback Hub improvements:
We’ve heard from you that it can sometimes be hard to find which category your feedback belongs in. Now when you create new feedback, the Feedback Hub will suggest categories and subcategories based on the title and description you entered. If you see a suggestion that looks right, just click it to fill in the menus and get your feedback to the right engineers quickly.
This latest build brings a ton of bug fixes, so take a look at the following list before you decide against trying out the latest preview. It may fix some of the annoying problems on your own Windows 10 Mobile powered smartphone.
- We fixed an issue causing installation of mobile builds to fail with Error 80070002.
- Language and Speech Packs should download without any errors.
- We have fixed the issue causing DRM-protected content from services like Groove Music, Microsoft Movies & TV, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or Hulu to fail on playback with 0x8004C029 or 0x8004C503 errors.
- We fixed the issue where some users with some non-English keyboards were not able to enter letters such as w, y, and a when typing into the address bar of the Edge browser.
- We fixed the issue causing your phone to lock up and reboot when it receives a notification from an app that has “Keep notifications private on the lock screen” turned on under Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
- We increased font size and improved spacing of the data migration page after receiving an update.
- Polished icons used to identify pages in the Settings app – in particular, updated battery icon to be more consistent with the weight of the other icons.
- Improved performance when retrieving updated GPS coordinates while driving.
- Goodbye message on shutdown will now remain visible until the last moment, to make it easier to determine when your device is off.
- Polished the look of media controls on the Lock screen. When you press one of the media control buttons, it appears “pressed”.
- We fixed an issue where some apps, including Tweetium, would crash on launch.
- We fixed an issue where Action Center’s context menus would appear in the wrong orientation if the app underneath was in landscape mode.
- We fixed an issue where Lumia 435, 532, 535 and 540 would fail to record video, as well as an issue where advanced camera settings were not preserved when taking a photo with the Lumia 435, resulting in the photo being taken with default settings instead.
- Fixed an issue where the same device might be listed multiple times under Connect.
- Fixed an issue where quickly pressing the power button twice when Windows Hello is enabled could result in the display appearing stuck off.
- We fixed the issue where Groove Music might show an error saying “Can’t play – Another app is controlling your sound right now”.
- When delayed lock is setup, Windows Hello will now say “Swipe up to dismiss the lock screen”, rather than looking for your iris.
- We fixed an issue where Glance wouldn’t be displayed when hovering hand over proximity sensor.
- We fixed an issue where multiple UWPs might start crashing on launch after getting stuck on their splash screen.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter