After the Samsung Galaxy S4 successful launche, the powerful smartphone has been followed with two different variants modeled as Galaxy S4 Active - which is actually waterproof - and Galaxy S4 Zoom - the camera-centric smartphone. Chainfire and Geohot have finally made the root solutions available for both the international Galaxy S4 Active and the AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337. Proceed to learn how to root your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active!
Prerequisites to update Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus to Android 4.2.2 XXUBMG8 official:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 Active in your computer or you should have KIES on your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smart phone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Active carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S4 Active GT-I9295:
- Power off your S4 Active and boot it in to Download mode: press Volume Up, Home and Power buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds. Press the Volume Up key when warning screen with yellow triangle shows up to enter into Download mode.
- Open the Odin folder, install it and start the program.
- Connect your S4 Active using USB cord; you will soon see an Added!! message in the message box on Odin.
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Hit the PDA button on Odin and locate the CF-Auto-Root tar.md5 file. Click on the the Start button to initiate the update process.
- Once successfully done, your smartphone will automatically reboot.
- Done! SuperUser has now been installed on your device and it should have root access.
Congratulations! You have got the super access of your device.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S4 Active AT&T SGH-I337:
- On your smartphone, open Settings > More and tap on Security.
- Enable Unknown Sources and Verify Apps options by checking the box in security.
- Go to Geohot’s web site [www.geohot.com/activeroot/] and download ar.apk by clicking the lamba symbol image.
- Copy this Apk file on your S4 and install it.
- Once done, it would inform you that you have the root.
- Next, go to Play Store and download SuperUser app.
- Open the SuperUser app and update the binary when prompted.
Ta da! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is now rooted. To verify download the RootChecker app from Play Store!