Fortnite has dropped its latest weekly update, and this one includes a rather surprising crossover with…the NFL? Yup, starting this Friday, Fortnite players will be able to purchase new skins based on the uniforms of all 32 NFL teams. The uniforms will be accompanied by a Limited-Time Mode, Blitz, which speeds up the usual battle royale action. Check out the new NFL threads below.
Of course, that’s not all – the update also includes the new Heavy Assault Rifle and Team Terror Limited Time Mode. Team Terror is a 32-on-32 PvPvE mode, that brings back the cube monsters from the Fortnitemares Halloween event. Speaking of which, Fortnitemares may be finished in Battle Royale, but the event continues in Fortnite Save the World.
Here are your notes for Fortnite patch 6.22:
Limited Time Mode: Team Terror
Monsters have invaded the Battle Royale island! Two teams will battle it out as Cube Monsters join the fight. Defeat the other team to earn a Victory Royale.
- Two teams of 32 players. Eliminate the other team to win.
- Monster spawners are scattered throughout the map and also appear each time the storm closes in to a new circle.
- Monsters can drop weapons or ammo when destroyed. Gold monsters and monster spawners drop Legendary items when destroyed.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
Limited Time Mode: Blitz!
Blitz is a faster-paced version of Battle Royale. The match begins with the storm moving towards the island, and the delay between each circle is shorter than normal, creating matches that are 15 minutes long or less. The map also has extra loot and resources. Profile Stats count in this mode, so fight hard for the Victory Royale!
- The storm is already moving in at the beginning of the match, choose your landing spot carefully!
- Wait time between storms is significantly shorter than usual; maximum match length is 15 minutes.
- Increased chances of treasure chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Reduced empty floor loot spawn chance from 21.5% to 3.55%
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Increased materials found on the ground from 20 to 60 per instance.
- Increased number, spawn rate & the descent speed of Supply Drops.
- Increased number of llamas spawned by 4x.
- Removed shopping carts.
Weapons + Items
Heavy Assault Rifle
- Can be found in floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, and Supply Drops
- Available in Rare, Epic and Legendary Variants
- Deals 44 / 46 / 48 damage
- 3.75 Fire Rate
- Has a magazine size of 25
- The Pumpkin Launcher has been reverted back to the standard Rocket Launcher.
- We've reduced the spawn rate of Balloons from 12.2% to 2.3%.
- Storm max damage cap changed back from 8 damage to 10 damage.
Save The World
Missions + Systems
Fortnitemares Part 2 quests are now available!
- Complete the epic storyline of Hexsylvania.
- Now includes the Vlad miniboss and the final fight to put him to rest.
New Mythic Ninja - Werewolf Dire
- A wild Ninja that becomes more fearsome and energetic at night.
- Available in the Event Store November 7th at 7 PM EST.
- Nightstalker - During Evening and Night, gain 25% bonus movement speed.
- Midnight Stalker - Increases the movement speed bonus of Night Stalker by an additional 25%.
- Abilities cost 50% less energy during Evening and Night.
New Legendary Outlander - Sanguine Dusk
- Uses Phase Shift to steal health from enemies.
- Available as a quest reward from Fortnitemares Part 2.
- Phase Siphon - Phase Shifting through enemies deals 11 base damage and heals 6 base health.
- Super Siphon - Increases the healing of Phase Siphon to 32 base health.
Weapons + Items
The Candy Corn LMG is now available as a quest reward from Fortnitemares Part 2. A heavy, festive weapon with a huge magazine full of candy shaped bullets. Most effective at mid-range engagements when aiming down sights from a fixed position.
- Eliminating enemies with this weapon can spawn healing candy pickups.
- Added additional sounds for Vlad Taker and ambient sounds for his coffin.
- Updated Atlas Victory sequence movie sound mix.
If you need the lowdown on ever bug fix, you can check out the full unabridged notes, right here.
Fortnite Season 6, Darkness Falls, is currently in full swing. The season includes plenty of spooky content and map changes, as well as adorable new pets you can tote around on you back. You can get the full lowdown on Darkness Rises here.
Fortnite is available on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile platforms.