Fortnite Season 7 To Let Players Make Their Own Maps in New “Creative” Mode
Fortnite Season 7 kicks off tomorrow, and while we don’t have all the details yet, we do know it will include a new mode that should shake up the game in a major way. Fortnite Creative will let players build and customize their own battle royale playgrounds, adjusting terrain, buildings, and more. You can even create your own game types! You can check out a trailer for Fortnite Creative, below.
What’s Fortnite Creative?
Fortnite Creative is a brand new way to experience the world of Fortnite. Design games, race around the island, battle your friends in new ways and build your dream island. It’s all happening on your own private island where everything you make is saved.
There’s Much More To Come
Creative is new and exciting, but not final. We’ll be adding many new features and improvements over the next few updates. Like Battle Royale and Save the World, we’re committed to making this bigger and better over time.
Various Fortnite creators and streamers have already been given the opportunity to try out Fortnite Creative. Here’s a more detailed runthrough from YouTuber Lachlan.
Here are some of the basic options available when creating your island:
- Basic Game Type: Free For All, Deathmatch, Free Play
- Teams: Free For All, Cooperative
- Time Limit: None, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes
- Spawn Location: Spawn Pads, Team Spawn Pads, Sky
- Starting Health: Full Health, Starting Shields, Empty Shields
- Infinite Ammo: On, Off
- Infinite Resources: On, Off
- Pick Axe Building Damage: Default, Instant
- Drop Items When Eliminated: On, Off
- Fall Damage: On, Off
- Gravity: Normal
- Player Names & Location: Team Only
- Respawn Height: Normal
- Down But Not Out: Default
- Island Edit Permission: Only Me, Everyone
Sounds like Epic is really giving players the keys to the kingdom here. It will be interesting to see what gets made with Fortnite Creative, as players almost always exceed expectations with these kinds of do-it-yourself modes.
Fortnite is available on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile platforms. Season 7 launches tomorrow (December 6) and, in addition to Creative mode, it seems like it will have a wintery theme, so get your jackets and boots ready.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter