Fortnite PS4 Pro Resolution Bumped from 1080p to 1440p in Update 6.10
Epic Games released Update 6.10 for Fortnite yesterday. However, the developers don't always make it easy to spot enhancements and fixes. For example, we've had to skim all over the official update notes to notice this one line regarding Fortnite PS4 Pro resolution.
If your PS4 Pro is plugged into a 4K TV, the game now renders at 1440p instead of 1080p.
That's right, Fortnite PS4 Pro users with a 4K TV will now be able to enjoy sharper visuals rendered at 2560x1440 instead of 1920x1080. Epic had promised to increase Fortnite PS4 Pro resolution in August's State of Development blog post and they have now delivered, bringing it a bit closer to Fortnite on Xbox One X, where the game is rendered at 4K resolution.
In other Fortnite news, Update 6.10 introduced in-game tournaments for the game's Battle Royale mode.
Tournaments can be found inside of the new ‘Events’ tab available in game. This tab will host a variety of online competitions which are open to everyone. Jump in and explore!
- Each tournament has a series of scheduled dates and times that the competition will be run. A carousel of all upcoming competitions and times will be available for browsing, so you can plan and practice.
- Every scheduled session is a completely clean slate with all players starting on an equal footing at the beginning of play.
- Compete over the course of several hours to earn points by eliminating multiple opponents or surviving against the competition.
- Players are matched against opponents with similar scores during the session.
- Score enough points during any scheduled event session and you’ll earn a golden pin for that tournament!
Furthermore, the cross-play beta program that's due to bring unrestricted Fortnite crossplay to PlayStation 4 is still ongoing. Meanwhile, the Fortnite beta on Android is now open to everyone.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter