Fortnite Update Adds Heavy Sniper Rifle, New Hero, Two Limited-Time Modes
Fortnite has fired off its latest update, and this one is all about sniping. The Heavy Sniper Rifle, which was first uncovered by data miners a few weeks back, makes its debut, and the Sniper Shootout Limited-Time Mode makes its return. A new mode, Soaring 50s, has also been added – this 50v50 battle lets you redeploy your glider and adds extra bounce and launch pads so you can grab some air. Finally, the classic Save the World mode is getting the new Machinist Hero, Thora.
Check out the full notes for Fortnite patch 5.21, below:
Limited Time Mode: Soaring 50’s
This mode is a twist on the traditional 50 vs 50 mode, featuring an extra emphasis on mobility. Gliders can be re-deployed when falling from large heights. Additional Impulse Grenades, Bounce Pads, and Launch Pads will be spawned throughout the map. Jump in and soar to new heights!
- 50v50 loot, ammo and resource levels
- When in mid-air and greater than 10m up, press Jump to deploy your glider
- Added Impulse Grenades to chests at double the standard spawn rate
- Added Impulse Grenades to floor loot
- Decreased Spike Trap spawn chances
- Increased Launch Pad & Bounce Pad spawn chances
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are not tracked in this mode.
Limited Time Mode: Sniper Shootout
In this limited time mode, players will do battle using sniper rifles. May the best aim win!
- Scoped Assault Rifles have been removed.
- The Heavy Sniper Rifle has been added.
- Only weapon drops are Sniper Rifles.
- Floor Loot spawns reduced by 50%.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
Weapons + Items
Heavy Sniper added
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Each shot delivers devastating damage at the cost of a long reload.
- Deals 150/157 damage to players.
- These large rounds deal increased damage (1050/1100) to buildings.
- Projectiles fired from the Heavy Sniper have less bullet drop in comparison to other Snipers.
- Minigun headshot multiplier has been reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
Save The World
Missions + Systems
Weekly Horde Challenge - Bullet Proof Husks
- Features bulletproof enemies that must be defeated with melee weapons, traps, or Hero abilities.
- One time completion Quest Reward - 1500 Gold
- Repeatable quest reward - 75 Tickets
Removed the Power Rating restrictions on Challenge the Horde missions.
- These restrictions were blocking some players from accessing the Weekly Challenge Missions even though their Power Level was at the necessary level.
- New Constructor Machinist: Thora added to the Event Store.
- Available Wednesday, August 15th at 8pm ET.
- Bug Fix. Fixed an issue that could cause Rocket Launchers to take up a large portion of the screen.
Not the biggest update, but the Heavy Sniper Rifle should be a handy item, and the Soaring 50s mode sounds like fun.
Fortnite is available on PC, Mac, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and mobile platforms.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter