How to Get Android 7.0 Nougat on Your Nexus 5X Right Away
Android 7.0 Nougat is now available for the supported Nexus devices. However, it will take the newly released version of the world's most popular OS a few weeks until it reaches to every Nexus device. If you can't wait for the notification to arrive on your phone, official OTA files are now available for Nexus 5X. You can now download NRD90M Android 7 for Nexus 5X and follow these steps to flash it manually on your device.
Before you flash NRD90M Android 7.0 Nougat on Nexus 5X
- Create a backup of all your important data on Nexus 5X.
- Make sure ADB/Fastboot is configured and properly installed on your computer.
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus on your computer.
- Finally, ensure that your Nexus device carries more than 70% of charge.
Note: You can follow these steps with any of the supported Nexus devices to manually flash Android 7.0 Nougat. Download the available OTA files from here, and follow these steps.
How to download and flash Android 7 for Nexus 5x
Required Files: Download Android 7.0 Nougat OTA file for Nexus 5X on your computer. Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to your ADB / Fastboot directory, which should be in your Android SDK directory. Rename it to nougat.zip for easier reference.
- Turn off your Nexus.
- Enter in the Bootloader mode: turn your phone on while pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons until you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
- Press the Volume Down key to navigate to the Recovery mode and select it using the Power key. Your Nexus will now reboot and enter in the recovery mode.
- When in the Recovery mode, you will see the Android logo with an exclamation mark. Hold the Power button and press Volume Up once to get the menu. In this menu, you will have to navigate using the volume keys, and select any choice using the Power key.
- Locate and select the Apply update from ADB in this menu.
- Now, connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable.
- On your computer, go android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory. This is the directory where we saved the Android 7 Nougat zip file.
- Open Command Prompt: Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Type in the following command and press Enter.
- adb sideload nougat.zip - on Windows
- Once the installation is finished, locate and select Reboot system now.
- Your Nexus 5X will now reboot, but it will take over 5 to 7 minutes.
Ta da! Your LG Nexus 5X is now running on the official Android 7.0 Nougat NRD90M. You can verify from Settings > About phone.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter