Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition and Royal Edition Coming in March; PC Requirements & New Images Revealed
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition, the highly anticipated “definitive” edition of the roleplaying game first released by Square Enix in November 2016, has been confirmed today to be launching on March 6th. On the same day, the publisher will also launch the previously rumored Royal Edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One; both editions will feature an expanded feature set and additional content.
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game
Let’s begin with new screenshots of the Royal Edition.
Here’s a bunch of new screenshots for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition in the gallery below.
A benchmark tool and instructions to help players optimize their PCs will be available beginning February 1st, according to Square Enix. Please visit the official website for more information.
Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition supports Native 4K and 8K resolutions with HDR10 and DOLBY ATMOS along with ongoing mod support. Minimum, recommended and 4K PC specifications for players looking to enjoy the ultimate experience on PC are outlined below.
|Minimum Specs||Recommended Specs||4K HDR Specs|
|OS||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 10 64-bit Fall Creators update|
|CPU||Intel® Core™ i5-2500（3.3GHz and above）
AMD FX™-6100 （3.3GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-3770（3.4GHz and above）
AMD FX™-8350（4.0 GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-7700 （3.6GHz and above）
AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600X （3.6GHz and above）
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050
AMD Radeon™ R9 280
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM
Radeon™ RX 480
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti|
|Hard Disc Free Space on SSD||OVER 100GB||OVER 155GB|
|Sound Card||DirectSound® Sound Card, Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos|
|Other||DVD-ROM／DVD-ROM Drive*, mouse, keyboard, gamepad**
*A DVD-ROM Drive (one-sided 1 layer / 2 layer) is required
**Game is compatible with gamepad but not required
You will be able to pre-order digitally from 1st February 2018 from Windows Store, Steam or Origin. Each one will have store-specific bonus content.
|WINDOWS STORE||FFXV Powerup Pack
This pack contains items designed to power up your performance in combat
|STEAM||FFXV Fashion Collection
This pack contains a selection of outfits for the prince and his pals.
|ORIGIN||FFXV Decal Selection
This pack contains an array of cool and colorful decals for the Regalia.