Fallout 76 PTS, Perk Loadouts And More Planned For 2020
Fallout 76 is getting plenty of new features in 2020, Bethesda confirmed, and some of them are currently among the most common fan-requested features.
In a post on the game's official website, Bethesda confirmed that a Public Test Server, Perk loadouts, Multi-Factor Authentication and more are coming next year to Fallout 76.
- PTS – A Public Test Server (PTS) is currently in the works with the hope to get it up and running in 2020. Once we’ve figured out all (or most of) the kinks, we will be able to provide more details on our PTS and how you can participate.
- Perk Loadouts - Perk Loadouts are also currently planned for early 2020. Like the PTS, this is still very much a work in progress and while we’re excited to get this system out to you it’s still a ways off before we can start sharing more details. Look to a future Inside the Vault when we get closer to their release.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) – Account security is very important to us, and we know it’s critical to you, as well. The wonderful Bethesda.net team has been working hard to get MFA implemented for Bethesda.net. They are very close and are planning to have this enabled by the end of this year.
- Legendary Player – Originally, we thought and had planned on the Legendary system arriving this year, but plans had to be adjusted while we worked on other things. This is still very much something we’re looking forward to releasing and currently have this scheduled for release in Q1 2020.
- Social Menu Fixes – We’re aware of an issue that can prevent players on PC from sending and accepting friend invites, and we are also investigating several additional social menu issues for all platforms. We are working to address the friend issue on PC as soon as we can, but this is just one part of a group of social fixes we are looking to roll out across multiple future updates.
- Additional Public Events Improvements – We’ve heard your feedback that the cooldown between Public Events is too long, and we’re planning to reduce it by at least half with a fix we’re including in Patch 14. We are also planning a second phase of Public Event improvements that will bring additional cooldown adjustments, performance-based loot, and remove the need to tag legendary event enemies to claim their loot. Phase two of our Public Events rollout is currently planned for early next year, and we’ll update you as we get closer to those updates.
Bethesda also confirmed that other features like PC text chat, option to rejoin a server when kicked or dropped are also getting looked at, but their implementation doesn't have a timeline.
Fallout 76 is now available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One worldwide.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter