Yesterday we reported that Bethesda's official store listed Fallout 4 with a "TBA 2015" release date, which was subsequently changed to just "TBA".
Bethesda responded when asked for clarification on the subject:
“The official store is run independently by Treehouse. We have not shared any news on a release date”
Several other retailers also list Fallout 4 with a 2015 release date, albeit with a placeholder date of December 31st, used when a specific release date or window is unknown. EB Games Australia though, sent out the following image, promoting the game after its announcement.
Bethesda did not deny the 2015 release date
Hopefully we will find out more details regarding Fallout 4 at Bethesda's E3 2015 press conference on June 14th.
Previous rumors suggested that a 20-30 minute gameplay demo was to be unveiled at the end of the conference, but the cinematic trailer preparation might suggest that the gameplay footage might be shown behind closed doors, which will be certainly disappointing for Fallout fans, eagerly waiting to get a glimpse of the next iteration of the apocalyptic RPG.
Bethesda is also rumored to be revealing a teaser for Dishonored 2, with a possible announcement for the Dishonored Definitive Edition for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Bethesda will likely present the first global reveal of id Software's Doom.
A little less than a year ago, a person claiming to be an ex-employee of Bethesda, leaked some Fallout 4 information to reddit, and following the recent reveal, we know that at least some of it holds true.
"In Fallout 4, mixing things up, we are making the game more 'Story Based' and the player character will finally talk, and narrate his storyline. At the beginning of the game, you create your character (You can only be a male in the main story),"
Other leaked details include:
- The map of Fallout 4 is about three times the size of Skyrim
- Set in the year 2287, exactly 10 years after Fallout 3
- Takes place in Boston
- Xbox 360 and PS3 version will release later and run on the Skyrim engine (the teaser website had CSS mentions of both consoles)
- You can import your Fallout 3 data that could have an impact on the story depending on your previous choices
- PC version includes a "Classic Mode" that will feature a bird's-eye view like the original titles
- You can only play as a male in the main story, but can change gender after completing the story
- PC / PS4 / Xbox One release date: October 2015
- PS3 / Xbox 360 release date: December 2015
- Will have five DLCs released over the next year
- An expansion will be revealed at E3 next year, and released in October
Whether the above information is true or if Bethesda's plans remain the same is unknown, but we will certainly find out more at E3 2015.