Eurocom Shows Off New Tornado F7W Mobile Workstation With i9 9900K
Eurocom launches a top end workstation class laptop, the Tornado F7 Mobile Workstation which is powered by 8cores and16threads from Intel's newest mainstream flagship i9 9900K processor with NVIDIA's high-performance Quadro P52000 upgradeable GPU technology.
Eurocom Shows Off Beefy Workstation Laptop Tornado F7W With i9 9900K, Quadro P5200 and up to 128GB of ECC Memory, 22TB of Storage.
Eurocom launches the world's most powerful laptop powered by Intel's newest i9 9900K 8 core/16 thread processor and the super-powerful Quadro P5200, called the Tornado F7W. The system comes with a 17.3-inch display, supports up to 128GB of ECC memory, up to 22TB of storage and weighs 4.14kg (9.1 lbs). The Tornado F7W supports a range array of high-performance, modular MXM 3.1, workstation-class GPU's including the Quadro P5200, P4200, and P3200.
The GPU's are upgradeable via MXM 3.1, slot-based GPU technology and the size of each module is 82mm x 105mm. Eurocom offers a wide choice of processors ranging from i9 9900K, i7 9700K-which are 8-core CPU's, as well as Xeon 6Core/12Thread E-2816G CPUs. These processors are LGA 1151 socket-based, allowing for future upgrades to next-generation processors once they are available.
The Tornado F7W comes loaded with security features critical to the management of intellectual property assets of users, companies and organizations. It is equipped with a SmartCard Reader and a Fingerprint scanner for security access as well as TPM 2.0 and BIOS disk encryption for data encryption. These added security features by Eurocom improve the protection of intellectual property assets and restrict access to critical data.
Capable of supporting both ECC and non-ECC memory up to a total 128 GB of DDR4 RAM, the Tornado F7W is one of the very few laptop designs to utilize both ECC and non-ECC memory in the same physical model. ECC memory is used with Xeon-class CPU's while the non-ECC memory is used with i7 and i9 processors.
In terms of storage space, the Tornado TFW supports up to 5 physical drives with a total space of 22TB. It supports three M.2 NVMe SSD slots and two 2.5-inch SATA3 bays running in multiple RAID configurations-including RAID 0/1/5/10. It also allows RAID 0/1/5 configuration with NVME SSD's. This feature is also uncommon in most of the high-end laptops in the market today and is one of the many reasons Eurocom laptops stand above the rest, in terms of offering power users extra capabilities they need to perform complex tasks and processes.
When it comes to security, Eurocom offers and optional, "anti-hacking protection suite," consisting of the removal of webcam, microphone and WLAN. This allows for the protection of intellectual assets and further defends against malware, tampering and theft of intellectual assets and/or data.
The Tornado F7W is loaded with many ports allowing the usage of 4 total displays. The following ports are also provided: Thunderbolt 3.0, 5 x USB 3.1, HDMI 2.0- just to name a few.
Eurocom supports a variety of operating systems in the Tornado F7W including VMware, Microsoft Server 2016, Windows 10 and Linux. Tornado F7W provides full network manageability via its VPro-based Intel I219-LM 1GbE controller on-board - allowing seamless integration into enterprise networks as well as providing remote management and control.
Tornado F7W Core Features:
- Display: 17.3 inch/43.9 cm; choice of FHD, UHD 4K; 120Hz, 60Hz; supports total 4 displays
- GPU: MXM 3.1, upgradeable, choice of NVIDIA Quadro P3200 (6GB); P4200 (8GB) and P5200 (16GB)
- CPUs: Choice of LGA1151 CPUs; 6 cores/12 threads- (Xeon E-2176G, Xeon E-2186G, i7 8700, i7 8700K, i7 8086K); 8 cores/8 threads- (i7 9700K); 8 cores/16 threads - (i9 9900K)
- Memory: up to 128GB via four SODIMM slots; EEC and non-ECC depending on CPU used.
- Storage: up to 5 physical drives with RAID 0/1/5, NVME, up to 22TB of storage; three M.2 NVMe SSD and two 2.5inch SATA3
- Operating Systems: choice of VMWare, Microsoft Server 2016, Windows 10 and Linux
- Security: SmartCard Reader, TPM 2.0, BIOS Disk Encryption, Security lock, Fingerprint scanner; optional "anti-hacking package" available (removal of the webcam, microphone, and WLAN)
- Ports: 1x Thunderbolt 3.0; 5x USB 3.1; Mini Display; HDMI 2.0; Mic in; Headphone S/PDIF out; Line-in; Line out; RJ-45 / LAN
Unfortunately, they have not announced battery life, which with the specs listed here shouldn't be very good though mobile workstations are generally designed to work plugged in.
Pricing And Availability
Eurocom has not announced pricing nor when it will be launching.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter