How To Enable Find My iPhone On iPhone, iPad
Here's how you can enable Find My iPhone on an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and learn how to use it as well.
Find My iPhone is a great way to recover, erase or locate a lost or stolen iOS device. Being able to conveniently track your device on a map, and subsequently erase it in time of need, Apple has made sure that your personal data is not lost along with your precious investment. With so many great features to boot, we'll show you how to set up Find My iPhone quickly and easily.
Enable Find My iPhone
Before you even begin, make sure you're signed into iCloud on your iOS device. You can sign in by going to Settings > iCloud. Once that's out of the way, follow the steps below to enable Find My iPhone.
1. Launch the Settings app from your iPhone or iPad's home screen.
2. Scroll down to 'iCloud' and tap on it.
3. Now scroll down to 'Find My iPhone' and tap that as well.
4. On top you'll see a Find My iPhone toggle switch. Turn that ON, along with the 'Send Last Location' toggle as well.
That's it, Find my iPhone is now up and running on your device. Now we'll show you how you can use it in time of need.
Use Find My iPhone From The Web
You can easily access Find My iPhone from the iCloud website by going to: icloud.com.
1. Simply sign in using the same credentials you are signed into iCloud on the device which you're trying to locate.
2. Click on the 'Find My iPhone' icon as shown in the screenshot below.
3. Once you've launched the Find My iPhone app, you'll find a bunch of options to play around with. At the top for instance, you'll find all your devices which have Find My iPhone or Find My Mac enabled. And once you select your device, you can choose to erase it, enable lost mode, or even play a sound to see where your device is. Lastly, you can view your devices on a map, of course.
If you do erase your iOS device using Find My iPhone, then the good news is: the device will become absolutely useless to the other person as it will go into Activation Lock mode. Meaning, it cannot be reactivated by anyone other than you, because it asks for the owner's iCloud password, so be sure to put strong credentials in place.
Use Find My iPhone On iOS
You can access Find My iPhone from iOS as well, by downloading the official app from here. The app is absolutely free, and of course, it does exactly what the Web version of Find My iPhone is capable of doing, except it provides you with mobility like no other.
We highly encourage all our readers that they enable Find My iPhone on their iOS devices right away. You never know when you might lose your iPhone or iPad along with all its precious contents.