Android 7.0 Nougat Developer Options – How To Enable
Enabling Developer Options in Android 7.0 Nougat is easy. We’ll show you how in a complete step by step guide using screenshots.
Enable Android Nougat Developer Options To Access Features Google Doesn’t Want You To Use
At face value Android is packed with a bunch of cool features. But then there are some which are hidden away from view and Google doesn’t want you to know about them. We’re of course talking about the famous Developer Options that allow users to tinker around with the OS that’s not just possible at an out-of-the-box state.
You can do things like adjusting the animation speed throughout the operating system. If you’re willing to take things up a notch and get all geeky with your smartphone, enabling USB debugging, set a longer buffer size etc. Basically, there’s a lot waiting to be discovered. It’s a haven for your geek side if you’re asking us.
But enough of that, and let’s get straight to the enabling Developer Options part itself in Android 7.0 Nougat. The steps are basically the same as Marshmallow and any version of Android before it, but we’ll lay them down from scratch still for your convenience.
Enable Developer Options In Android 7.0 Nougat
1. Launch the Settings app from the app drawer or the notifications shade.
2. Swipe all the way down and tap on ‘About phone.’
3. Scroll down in this menu as well and you should see an option called ‘Build number.’
4. Constantly tap on this option till you see a prompt on the display stating ‘You are now a developer.’
5. Now go back to the main Settings page and scroll all the way down once more.
6. You will see the new ‘Developer Options’ entry right on top of ‘About phone.’ Simply tap on it and start exploring what Google has packed in this time.
Warning For Users
Drastically altering certain settings in Developer Options can affect the way your device functions. Users should be well aware of what they’re doing in the first place before proceeding. If you have no clue regarding certain options then we highly recommend you do not touch them at all. You do not want to end up in a state where you are forced to perform a factory reset to get things right again.
Developer Options are a great way to enhance the functionality of your device. Turning off animations for instance, really gives an older smartphone a boost that it actually needs. Whereas some options are perfect suited for the geek in us.
Start exploring, we’re sure you will end up finding something that will tickle your fancy.