Download iOS 11 Beta for iPhone & iPad – How to Install Right Now
You can download iOS 11 Beta for your compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch right away. Here's how to install it too.
Download iOS 11 Beta 1 Today if You are a Registered Developer
Right on cue, Apple has released the first beta of iOS 11 for developers to download. Keyword being 'developer' here, the software is available to download straight form the Apple Developer Program website. And of course, for those who aren't aware, the membership is a paid affair, costing $99 on an annual basis. If you consider yourself an Apple enthusiast, then it's best to invest in the membership today in order to gain access to pre-release software before anyone else.
Before you go ahead with the download and installation process, there are a few things which you must consider. First and foremost, this is beta software, and is not intended to be used as a daily driver. Secondly, if you have a spare device, install the software on that instead, otherwise you're gonna run into a lot of trouble. Last but not the least, make sure you have backed up all your data to either iTunes or iCloud before going ahead. iOS 10.3 or above users can do so by going to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Backup. You can use iTunes as alternative as well if you so wish. Backups created on iOS 11 Beta will not work on older firmware.
Register Your Device's UDID
Assuming you have a fully working Apple Developer Program membership, connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac first. Follow the steps below on how to register your device's UDID with Apple, allowing installation of beta firmware.
1. Launch iTunes.
2. Select your iOS device from the top left hand corner of iTunes.
3. Once your device is selected, you'll see a bunch of information pertaining to your device, including firmware version, serial number, phone number and more. Click on Serial Number until you see the UDID string.
4. Right-click on the UDID string and then select Copy.
5. Now open the Apple Developer Program website by going to: developer.apple.com/programs/
6. Sign into your account by clicking on Account at the top. Enter your Apple ID credentials when you are asked for it.
7. On the left hand side, you'll see a bunch of options. Click on Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles.
7. Whether you're registering an iPhone or iPad, either click on iPhone or iPad under the Devices section on the left.
8. Click on manually register devices.
9. Select the Register Device option, then give your device a name, and paste your UDID which you copied in step 4. Once done, just click on the Continue button at the bottom.
You're all set to download and install iOS 11 Beta on your iPhone or iPad.
Download iOS 11 Beta IPSW File for iTunes Restore
Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed before going ahead with this. And yes, this process works on a Mac only. Be vary of this fact. Also, Xcode must be installed on your Mac as well otherwise the installation will simply fail.
1. Assuming you're signed into the Apple Developer Program website still, open the following link on your Web browser: developer.apple.com/ios/
2. Click on the blue Download button at the top right hand corner.
3. Select the iOS 11 Beta IPSW file and download it for your device.
4. Once it is done downloading, launch iTunes, select your device from the top left hand corner.
5. Hold down the left 'Option' key on your Mac and then click on the Restore iPhone button.
6. Selet the IPSW restore file and let iTunes complete the installation.
Download iOS 11 Beta Over the Air (Preferred Method)
Don't want to go through the above hassle at all? Well, why not download the beta over the air then? There's no need of having Xcode or iTunes installed at all. Just follow the steps below and you'll be done in no time.
1. Open the following link on your iPhone or iPad: developer.apple.com/download/
2. Sign in using your account if needed.
3. Right in front of the iOS 11 Beta download option, you'll see a blue Download button. Just tap on it, and a configuration profile will be downloaded straight onto your device.
4. Follow the on-screen prompts for installation, and then wrap things off by going to Settings > General > Software Update. Tap on Download and Install to grab hold of the latest iOS 11 Beta update.
You can download and install iOS 11 Beta without a developer account too. But proceed at your own risk: Download and Install iOS 11 Beta Without Developer Account.