Dirt Rally PS4 and Xbox One Release Date Confirmed for April 5th, PC Version Out Today
Dirt Rally, the newest rally inspired game from Codemasters is finally being fully released to the public today on PC (via Steam). A new Winter Wonderland update is also being released, that has a new set of snow covered tracks from the Varmland region of Sweden. Soft edge tech is being used to simulate the density of snow, helping it to look fantastic.
Dirt Rally coming to a next-gen console year you on April 5th 2016.
But now there's hints that it'll be released on console sooner than we think. The CEO of Codemasters has set a very specific date as part of the exciting announcement of its release on Steam today.
The launch on Steam early access has been a resounding success. We want to thank the community for their valuable feedback and support which has guided our development for the past eight months, resulting in a 92% positive user score. We are now ready to launch the final version of the game on PC. Following this success on PC and a vocal demand from consumers, we are delighted to announce that Dirt Rally will be available on consoles on April 5th 2016.
- Frank Sagnier, CEO Codemasters
Hopefully we'll hear some more specific details on what'll be included in the console release when we get closer to April.
Before today, Dirt Rally was available on Steam Early Access where it was highly regarded by gamers. It also enjoyed quick and timely updates to all manner of issues that might have cropped up. It's considered to be a resounding success, being more fun to play than its predecessor and certainly very challenging yet with a slightly arcade feel that can be adjusted for truly hardcore players.
Patch notes for version 1.0:
- You can now tune your immersion levels by customising your OSD options, choosing between On, Countdowns Only and Off.
- The Logitech G29 wheel is now correctly listed in the controller preset menu.
- Custom Championships now reward you with the correct number of credits.
- There’s a new EULA to sign when you boot the game, which asks you to kindly behave yourself when you’re playing with others.
- Your favourite pet mouse has learnt a new trick, and can now change the livery on your car.
- If you own an Owner’s Club event, you will now correctly own the Owned achievement.
- If you pledge a wedge to an online Wager Event and the event ends while you’re on stage, we’ll give you your CR back.
- Your Oculus Rift can now be toggled to lock the horizontal orientation. Look for a flag in the hardware configuration file.
- Sliders on the Advanced Racing Wheel Options screen now increment at the same rate as the Steering and Pedal calibration screen.
- Your Service Crews are back from their training course and will now correctly setup your car for multi-location events.
- Stopped one set of Rallycross results from appearing on a Rally leaderboard.
- You no longer need to hold the headlight control to activate your lights. You can now just tap that.
- Windows accounts with accented and non-latin characters will now correctly save game settings.
- Fixed a weird bug where the camera would briefly flick back to the default position at the start of a stage after customising the seat position.
- @Kick_Up will now politely and calmly inform you if your wheels fall off, and if you’re going the wrong way.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter