Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC Patch Adds Multi-GPU DX12 Support; Official Release Of DX12 Support
A new Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC patch has just been released by Nixxes which marks the official release of DX12 support, and adds multi-GPU support for the DX12 API.
An optional DX12 beta Steam update for Mankind Divided was already released last month. In order to use the DX12 in the game, players needed to select the DX12 preview Beta option from within the game’s properties on Steam. Today’s update however, adds official support for the DX12 API.
The new update also includes Multi-GPU DX12 beta support via a preview branch on Steam. Nixxes notes that some system might experience issues when running the game in Multi-GPU mode.
The new update also fixes a couple of issues raised by the Deus Ex community. Check out the patch details below:
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided PC Patch build 582.1
The following gameplay fixes are in this patch:
- Players can now also close their in-game menus using the keys to open it: TAB / I / M / O / P / L.
- Fixed an issue where the diagonal walk speed was too fast, causing Jensen to make noise.
- Fixed a crash at the shooting range.
- Fixed an issue where Rucker would not spawn in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where the tranquilizer rifle would no longer shoot in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue in System Rift where the “Heat Sensor” strategy page would not trigger after loading a savegame.
- ‘Hold E’ to open Mission Objectives/Pocket Secretaries/Strategy Pages/Etc. are mapped to the TAB key by default. This removes the interference with ‘Hold E’ to drag bodies.
Official release of DirectX 12 support in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
- Added support for DirectX 12.
- You can toggle DirectX 12 from either the launcher window or from the Display options within the game.
- Note that DirectX 12 requires a restart of the game if (de-)activated from within a running game session. (WARNING: Using the DirectX 12 API can offer better performance on some systems, however, it will not be beneficial on all. If you encounter problems with DirectX 12, we recommend turning it off again. There are no visual or gameplay differences between the two DirectX versions.)
- Multi-GPU Note: Currently we only support Single GPU on DirectX 12, see below for more details about Multi-GPU.
As always, make sure that your drivers are up to date:
DirectX 12 Multi-GPU support in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided:
DirectX 12 Multi-GPU support is being released as a preview through the dx12_mgpu_preview branch on steam.
We feel that it is in a state where we can release it to you, but we are aware that some systems might still experience issues.
Please let us know when you are experiencing issues.
To activate Multi-GPU DirectX 12 you are required to do the following:
- Within your Steam Library, right-click on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
- Select ‘properties’ from the context menu and navigate to the Beta tab.
- From the dropdown menu, select dx12_mgpu_preview then close the window.
Known Multi-GPU DirectX 12 issue:
- Some systems may experience some graphical corruption.
The update will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is currently available for PC, Xbox One, and PS4.