Darksiders III To Last 15+ Hours on an Average Playthrough; HDR Support Is In
In a little over a month, Gunfire Games and THQ Nordic are due to release Darksiders III, the third chapter in the action/adventure RPG series.
Ahead of the launch, we were able to interview Reinhard Pollice, Business & Product Development Director at THQ Nordic, who confirmed the game’s average length.
Playtime is always a tricky question as it depends on numerous factors. On average, we would say somewhere around 15-hours-plus, which is similar to the first Darksiders.
Pollice also confirmed that there will be support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) displays, which is good news for all those who own a compatible TV or monitor.
Darksiders III is out November 27th on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Below you can find a brief description of the game’s features and the preliminary minimum requirements for PC.
Check back tomorrow for our full interview with Reinhard Pollice. Meanwhile, you could read the recent hands-on put up by Chris, who recently played a preview build.
Return to an apocalyptic Earth in Darksiders III, a hack-n-slash Action Adventure where players assume the role of FURY in her quest to hunt down and dispose of the Seven Deadly Sins. The most unpredictable and enigmatic of the Four Horsemen, FURY must succeed where many have failed – to bring balance to the forces that now ravage Earth. Darksiders III is the long-anticipated, third chapter in the critically-acclaimed Darksiders franchise.
- Play as FURY – a mage who must rely on her whip and magic to restore the balance between good and evil on Earth!
- Harness FURY’s magic to unleash her various forms – each granting her access to new weapons, moves and traversal abilities.
- Explore an open-ended, living, free-form game world in which FURY moves back and forth between environments to uncover secrets while advancing the story.
- Defeat the Seven Deadly Sins and their servants who range from mystical creatures to degenerated beings.
- Sit in awe of Darksiders signature art style – expansive post-apocalyptic environments that take the player from the heights of heaven to the depths of hell, dilapidated by war and decay and overrun by nature.
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 64 bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2400, AMD FX-6100, or better
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: Recent Shader Model 5 GPU with 2 GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 15 GB available space