Darksiders III Update Adds Classic Combat Option, New Checkpoints, and More
Reaction to Darksiders III has been mixed, to say the least. Some (including Wccftech’s Chris Wray) consider it a worthy sequel, but others have found the game wanting compared to earlier entries in the series. One of the most criticized aspects of Darksiders III is its combat, and it seems developer Gunfire Games has heard the complaints, because the game’s latest update includes a new “Classic” combat mode. If you select this option, the game should play more like the old Darksiders games, with Fury being able to dodge-interrupt her attacks and use items more quickly. The update includes other key changes, including some new checkpoints, and performance improvements.
You can check out the full notes for Darksiders III patch 2, below:
- Added new option for Combat. Upon loading a save or starting a new game, players will be prompted to choose between “Default” and “Classic” combat. “Classic” mode should feel more like previous Darksiders titles allowing Fury to dodge interrupt her attacks as well use items instantly. “Default” mode is the original combat mode for Darksiders III. The option can be changed at any point in gameplay options while playing. This has no other effects on difficulty or achievements.
- Improved ledge grab detection on Fury so she can more consistently grab ledges.
- Additional optimizations to help stuttering while streaming.
- Added “Health Lurcher” item to Vulgrim that allows player to purchase refills for Nephilim’s Respite.
- Added “Echo Mark” item to Vulgrim that allows player to refund their spent attribute points.
- Added a few new checkpoints.
- Raised the level cap to 200. Also, rebalanced leveling curve post level 80 as well as stat rewards.
- Fixes for random crashes
- General performance improvements.
- Fix for Force Coral where it wouldn’t break correctly. This will also fix previous saves with this issue.
- Fix for some checkpoints that weren’t registering.
- Cycling difficulty options while in game will not affect actual difficulty unless it is changed.
- Fix for Abraxis Health bar showing up but he is missing.
- Fury will no longer take damage while performing an Arcane Counters.
- Havoc Form does more Damage.
- Increased Havoc Generation on Obscurus Enhancement.
- Increased Health and Damage amounts on Fortifier Enhancement.
- Increased Health Regeneration on Leviathan Enhancement.
- Increased Lurcher Reward from destroying breakables on Leviathan Enhancement.
- Increased Chance to Spawn Wrath when killing an Enemy on Rage Enhancement.
Darksiders III is available now on PC, Xbox One, and PS4.